Living Life...

Living Life...

Friday, February 20, 2015

The last full day in Florida…

The only plans we had for our last day was to see one of my friends that moved to Florida.  So, we had all morning to relax and enjoy a few last minute plans.  Doug wanted to take us to the naval base where he worked.  I don’t remember ever touring a base so it was a lot of fun for me. 

We were even able to get out of the car and look at the different airplanes that had been used throughout the years.  I loved hearing the history of these planes and listening to Matthew and Doug share with me.  Although I didn't even think of coming to the base it was definitely a special treat. 

A Chai Tea for the tour... 

What a gorgeous place to live... 

View from the Officer's Housing

Touring the airplanes

 Matthew and Doug enjoying the planes 

A selfie by the planes




Afterwards, I was finally able to see my friend Jennyfer.  I didn't realize what part of Florida she moved to until the day before our trip.  When I found out it was Jacksonville we decided we would meet up.  Imagine our surprise when we found out we were only miles away from each other.  It was a lot of fun to get together to visit and share what had been going on in our lives the last couple years.  It was also great to see her boys, especially AJ who was part of the youth group at Faith.  

Posing with Jennyfer 

AJ came over to say Hi to Matthew

We spent the evening with Doug and Lora of course.  It was hard to believe that our trip was over and the next day we would be boarding a plane to come home.  I am so grateful that we were able to go to Florida and what an amazing time we had with the in-laws.  Matthew couldn't get over how comfortable we both were the whole time and that I didn't stop talking since we arrived.  Some people think I am shy when in reality that I am only shy when I am uncomfortable.  Needless to say I was not shy around them and I look forward to our next trip to Florida.  

No comments: