Living Life...

Living Life...

Thursday, February 19, 2015

A Day Alone…

After breakfast Matthew and I started our trip back down to Florida.  Once again I researched tourist activities to do along the way.  The number one activity was visiting Old Town in Savannah Georgia. 

When we arrived we went straight to the tourist information site.  They recommended we take a tour on the trolley.  It was so cold outside that there was no way Matthew could have handled the trolley so we opted to use a map and go see various sites on our own.

Matthew was in a lot of pain so I ended up enjoying the sites on my own while he waited in the car.  The first stop was along the waterfront.  What a gorgeous view of the bridge into town.  I would have loved to walk along the waterfront but it was cold and time was limited.  


Welcome to Savannah Georgia

Waving Girl



Some of the things I loved about Old Town were the brick roads and all the history that could be found.  I would love to return and take a more in-depth tour.  We did get a few more sites before it was dark.  As evening approached and the streets became busier we decided to get out of town and away from the traffic and people.  

Brick Roads and wall... 

Old City Exchange Bell... 


Cotton Exchange Building.. 


City Hall... 

Enjoying the sites... 

"Battlefield Park"


On the way home we decided to stop for a romantic dinner along the way.  Although the restaurant was fancy our clothing was not as we were dressed in comfortable traveling clothes.  We decided on a seafood restaurant and I was in heaven.  Of course Matthew ordered steak since he is allergic to seafood.  

Enjoying dinner with my best friend... 


Trying to feed the fish... 

Happy to eat some seafood... 

Matthew's yummy steak dinner... 


One thing I love about Matthew is how willing he is to do things for me.  He knows that I wanted pictures of all the state signs and so he went out of his way to make sure I got the Georgia one.  Unfortunately, I was half asleep on the way up north and the one into Savannah was on a bridge so we couldn't stop… so we back-tracked a bit to get the Georgia sign before heading back into Florida.  We got to his Dad’s house late in the evening and went straight to bed.  

Proof I was in Georgia... 


Back to Florida... the only time I've driven into the state..!

No comments: