I absolutely love lighthouses and when I did research on tourist
locations in Florida, St. Augustine came up as a place to see. Since we were only about half an hour away we
decided to head down and check out the lighthouse. Of course, because of Matthew and his father’s
health we decided not to climb to the top of the lighthouse but just take
pictures from down below… that was fine with me since I didn't have the energy
to climb so high either.
As we drove through the town and enjoyed the view I took some
pictures from the car. It was a cute
town and I enjoyed the mini tour… It is believed that St. Augustine is one of
the oldest European settlements.
We came around the back way to the lighthouse...
Enjoying the lighthouse...
Park by the beach...
Posing by the sign...
Lighthouse and caretakers house..
Castillo de San Marcos
Thought this was pretty funny...
We then headed back to the house to rest and relax. We spent the evening sitting outside visiting
around a fire. Lora joined us for a
little while after she got off work but for the most part we were able to visit
with Doug and find out more about his life as well as share about what was
going on in our lives.
Enjoying the fire...
Until late in the evening...
No comments:
Post a Comment