Living Life...

Living Life...

Friday, November 7, 2014

To Total or Not to Total… there is no question..!

Life has been crazy… pretty much forever.  I took a two week long stress class at work… on Monday evenings.  We learned some techniques on how to lower our stress or not allow the situations to stress us out in the first place.  During that class I definitely had a lot of stressful situations occur so I could put into practice my new skills.

 One the events took place at work on October 16th.  While I was in PE I heard a loud crash outside the gym door.  As I was running towards the door I heard someone yell, “Someone call the cops there has been an accident”.  I immediately called 911 and was on the phone even before I got to the scene of the accident. 

Thankfully, no one was injured in the accident, as the student walked out of the car on her own.  My co-worker was outside and witnessed the accident… which not only took down a sign and fence on school property but also landed on her vehicle.  I thought my car was in the clear since her car was not pushed into mine.  Unfortunately, as I was talking to the cops I realized that a fence pole went through my car window and dinged up the whole side of the car as it fell. 

Matthew and I took the car into an auto shop near our house… and they were able to get us a rental car while the insurance company figured out what they were going to do.  We didn't hear anything from the insurance company until I got a phone on October 31 from the auction house asking me to come clear out my personal belongings and release the car to them to be totaled.  Of course, we were not happy about that decision or the lack of communication and told them they didn't have permission to touch our car until an agreement was made with the insurance company. 

Matthew contacted the insurance company and informed them of all the work we had put into the car in the last two years.  Although, it is a 96 Honda Accord with 260,000 miles we replaced the transmission, tires, radiator, and more recently and were not willing to settle for only a couple hundred dollars.  They decided to re-evaluate the situation when they realized we were going to fight it if we had to. 

On Thursday, we got a phone call from the auto shop telling us the insurance company authorized them to fix the car… YEAH..!  Situation was re-evaluated… though they still haven’t communicated with us.  Now we are just waiting on the call that the car is ready to be picked up… I am happy to get my car back but I will definitely miss the seat warmers in the rental car. J

That fence didn't hold up... 

You can see some of the damage to my car... 

Enjoying the rental car... and good gas mileage..!

No comments: