I am going through a booking called “Choosing
Forgiveness-Your Journey to Freedom” by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. It is an area in my life that I am struggling
with… and this book has been very convicting.
I am going to share only some of the quotes (in red) that have impacted my life
as I study this book and my own heart. I
have not been able to completely forgive those who have hurt me… I am a work in
progress but it is my desire to forgive completely. I don’t want to go into the details of the
pain but I would love prayer as I walk through this journey towards
freedom.
” I would like to be able to tell
you that forgiveness doesn't require such total surrender and relinquishment… but we live in a day when so many are dealing with issues that penetrate to the
core of their being, so many are holding others at arm’s length appears to be
the only way to cope… unfaithful spouses; neglectful, insensitive parents;
harsh memories of sexual abuse; rebellious children; heartless in-laws;
overbearing bosses and authority figures; etc.”
*** Life is not easy… we all have hurts in our life. We all have people that we need to forgive…
and forgiveness is not easy… we have to be able to totally surrender the hurts
in our life… sometimes the process of forgiveness opens up the wounds and
causes even more pain. But I trust that
God will heal me… heal my hurts.
“If we are going to be true
instruments of mercy in each other’s lives, we must deal in truth- God’s truth…
not blissful artificial denial, trying to act as though the hurt never
happened… but the sweet, rich, pure Word and ways of God; pulsing with
vitality, healing, and grace, as God wrests reconciliation from the jaws of
brokenness; as He restores, redeems, and (ultimately) makes all things new.”
*** This is the hope that I hold onto… that God will bring
about reconciliation… that He will restore, redeem, and make things new. I know that I cannot do it on my own. The only way that it will come about is
through the truth… for truth to be spoken and believed. I cannot pretend that I haven’t been hurt…
because I have been but God can heal me… He alone can bring peace into this
broken world.
“Has the clock stopped in your
life? Was there a moment when someone or
something hurt you—and everything changed?
You don’t have to live there… God wants to give you the grace to move
on… He wants to set you free.”
*** Yes, the clock did stop in my life… my whole life
changed in a very short period of time.
Changes that I did not choose… and would not choose… but I know that God
has allowed it and will use it for my good.
I can move on without feeling guilty… I can find freedom in Christ from
the pain and be set free.
No comments:
Post a Comment