Living Life...

Living Life...

Sunday, March 30, 2014

March – Changes in Life..!

As I reflect back over my life I have seen God at work so often.  I started working with the youth at Faith when I was 20 years old.  I waited for this specific group of youth to enter into the junior high group since I already had a relationship with many of them and wanted to impact their lives even more.  Discipleship was already an important thing in my own life…. I sought out people to disciple me on a regular basis and I wanted to give back to others in the same way. 

I loved working with the youth… I loved going to their sporting events, taking them out on date night, leading their small group and teaching them how to lead a small group themselves.  It was so hard when God called me into missions which required me to leave them behind for their senior year… I had worked with them for 5 years and wanted to continue to guide and direct them in their faith… but part of that process was being an example to them and going where God called me to go. 

Since then God has brought many people into my life that I have been able to disciple… both in Argentina and back here in the states… I still love it but I will never forget my first group of girls.  I love the fact that I get to stay in contact with most of them… and although some have walked away from the faith for short periods of time the majority are walking closely with the Lord.  I think the hardest thing to do is watch someone you love walk away from the Lord… knowing they have to develop their own faith or even allow them to choose not to serve Christ.  The more you love the person the harder it is to watch them choose another path… I don’t think I will ever get used to that feeling. 

I have watched many of my youth throughout the years get married and start families of their own...  Others have experiences the joy of mission trips… others are actively serving the Lord in the ministry He has guided them down.  Nothing brings greater joy then watching them faithfully serving God in their home church today. 

Christina is one of the ones that I stay in contact with on a regular basis… one of the ones I started to disciple on a regular basis since even before I worked with her in 7th grade… and one I can still influence even today.  I love her to death and have been in prayer for her constantly throughout the years.  What an honor it was to be invited to walk alongside her as she prepares to become a mother for the first time… and even more so to be asked to give the message at the baby shower in June.  May God continue to draw her to close to Him as she seeks to raise her precious daughter.  

Christina's Gender Revealing Party... 

She's having a little girl..!

Katy, another one of my girls, with her daughter..!

Celebrating with Christina...


No comments: