Living Life...

Living Life...

Saturday, April 5, 2014

April – Spring Break… Traveling to Spokane..!

Matthew and I decided to get out of town for Spring Break this year.  Since we didn't want to spend much money we headed over to Spokane to visit with relatives.  We stayed with my Aunt and Uncle, where my Grandma is also living.  Thankfully, I was also able to see all of my cousins that live over there as well as their children.

Great to see Grandma Finnestad... 


The first couple days were spent relaxing and visiting with family.  In the morning I would go on the back porch and do my Bible Study.  It was beautiful sitting on the back porch and very peaceful… the weather was absolutely perfect but with the covered deck it was nice even in the rain.  In the afternoon I would visit with my cousins and the rest of my family.  There was nonstop action and noise in the house with the little kids running around.  Kelli even stopped by with her girls for about an hour on Tuesday which was great.  We tried to help out as much as possible and not be a burden on my Aunt who so graciously hosted us.  

Morning Quiet Time... 

View during my quiet time... 

Visiting with my cousin Kyla

Garrick and Nathaniel... 

Matthew enjoying Garrick... 

Aunt Judy feeding Garrick...  

Matthew helping cook... 

Uncle Duffy with Garrick... love that little man.

Kelli stopped by for a visit... 


On Wednesday, my cousin Kari took us out to the Bowl and Pitcher, which is a beautiful spot on the river.  We had a wonderful walk alongside the river before heading back to my Aunt’s.   It was great to enjoy the beauty of the area and have a chance to visit with Kari.  

Bowl and Pitcher... 

Hanging out with Kari... 

The bridge we crossed... 

Matthew keeping a hold on Nathaniel... 


On Thursday, Matthew and I decided to get into the car and just go for a drive.  We didn't really have any set plans except I wanted to go to Sandpoint, since the map on my phone showed blue water there… other than that we would stop along the way and just enjoy the beauty of the river.  After we got to Sandpoint, Idaho we decided to continue on to Montana and visit Kootenai Falls; where there was a swinging bridge to cross.  It was a blast walking along the path next to the river and seeing the beauty of the falls.  The day was gorgeous and Matthew and I had fun just spending the day together.  We headed back to Sandpoint for some lunch; thankfully we found a Mexican restaurant since Matthew was craving it.  Afterwards, we were able to connect with my friend Amanda for a couple hour visit in Hayden, Idaho.  Finally, we headed back to my Aunt’s house… arriving 10 hours later.  It was a busy day but one I will cherish. 

Sandpoint Idaho... at a park we found..!

Posing with Matthew... 

Kootenai River... first view

Kootenai River... second view

On the swinging bridge near Kootenai Falls

Matthew crossing the bridge... 

Enjoying Matthew and Kootenai Falls... 

What a gorgeous view... 

Visiting with Amanda at Starbucks... 

On Friday, we decided to stay and relax during the day and then head home that evening.  We had a meeting for a new mission youth team that we are starting up.  It is the perfect end to a wonderful spring break.  On Monday, I start work back up but until then I will enjoy every minute to relax and enjoy life.  

No comments: