Living Life...

Living Life...

Saturday, March 29, 2014

March – Thoughts from my Bible Study..!


I have always known that God is at work in our everyday life… teaching us and guiding us along the way.  Even amidst the craziness I have seen Him at work… sometimes silently waiting for me to return my gaze upon Him and sometimes with a grand display of power… but always so that He can be glorified and I can be reminded of WHO He is… He is my God, my All-Powerful, constantly forgiving Savior.  He is my All… my Redeemer, my Friend, my Guide, my Strength. 

This morning as I was reading a study on loving others the topic really hit me.  It was about refueling.  How Jesus often escaped to a solitary place by Himself to be with the Father.  He was constantly loving and serving others but saw the need to escape.  Just recently I started “escaping” on Saturday mornings.  It has become a much needed time of rest and refreshment.  I have begun to treasure this time and look forward to it all week long. 

The study encouraged me to set aside moments to be refreshed in the Lord so that I can continue to love those God has brought into my life to love.  Those who know my life know how crazy it has been the last couple years… okay probably the last 10+ years.  God has brought me on a road of surrender, adventure, trust, sacrifice, and joy.  There have been moments in which it has been really easy to love others and love life and moments where it is a struggle and I am holding onto my sanity by a grasp.  But He has never let me fall away from Him completely and for that I am grateful. 

This upcoming week is going to be a time of refreshment for me… or at least I am hoping it will.  Matthew and I get the opportunity to travel over to Spokane and stay with my Aunt and Uncle for Spring Break.  This will not just be a change of scenery, a slower pace of life, but a great visit with my relatives that live over there and the opportunity to visit with my Grandma.   

I am looking forward to moments with family but even more so moments where I can sit on the porch (or inside if it is cold) and sit quietly with the Lord; Moments where I can pray and seek His direction; Moments I can just be with Matthew and enjoy our time together without having to think about the stresses of life (or at least not as much as normal).  

No comments: