Living Life...

Living Life...

Sunday, March 16, 2014

March – Trusting God..!


At the beginning of the month Pastor Ben came up and asked if Matthew and I would be willing to teach the Sunday school lesson on trusting God.  He knows the circumstances we are dealing with as a family and how much we have had to rely on God these past couple years. 

The following two Sunday I would wake up without an alarm… prepare some Argentine Mate to drink, something to eat (though Matthew did make me breakfast one of the weeks) and sit down to prepare the lesson.  I loved every minute of the preparation as I read Scriptures passages, listened to worship music and was reminded of how faithful God has been in my life since the beginning. 

A week before we were to give the message Matthew asked me if I would be willing to give the message on my own.  As many people know I have never been one that enjoyed speaking to a crowd.  I LOVE preparing messages and studying Scriptures but would always get nervous if I had to talk in front of people (except for a few times when I was talking about my mission trips).  After praying I decided I would still do the message. 

Thankfully we planned it that way since Matthew ended up being in bed with kidney stones the day we were going to be teaching.  Once again God proved Himself faithful in having me prepare the message on my own… and he helped me to not only lead a great discussion on trusting God but also to ENJOY it.  I had a blast.  The youth were really involved in the message even to the point that one of the youth commented he had never seen them pay such close attention… definitely God at work. 

I didn't just share my own personal story of God’s faithfulness in my life… though I was near tears when I did share that part… but we were able to dig into Scriptures and briefly see how God was faithful to the Israelites and David’s journey of trusting God… and how he still praised him in the Psalms even in the midst of his trials. 

So although we may be going through some of the toughest experiences we have ever had to… we know that God is trustworthy.  He has proved Himself faithful over and over again and is worthy of our praise. 

Here is the poem I shared with the youth that I wrote many years ago.  May it be an encouragement to you..! 

Not as we Planned

                                                                                                              
When things don’t seem to go our way
We start to question God.
Not getting what we really want
To us seems rather odd.

We think we know what’s best for us
But we don’t really have a clue.
Instead of questioning God’s will for us
We should do what He says do.

Sometimes He tells us no in life
But that’s cause He knows what’s best.
We only see the road ahead
But God sees all the rest.

We think He wasn't listening
Cause He answered another way.
But all along He heard us
As he does whenever we pray.

The more we read His word
And spend time in prayer with Him.
The clearer we see His will for us
And turn from our own sin.

As life goes on we start to see
His hand in all we do.
How when we thought He wasn't there
His love for us stayed true.

He blessed us in many ways
By not giving all we asked.
Opening our eyes to His perfect will
Was really quite the task.

I praise Him now for saying no
Many times in my past.
And as I keep my eyes on Him

Joyfully I’ll do His will at last.

No comments: