Living Life...

Living Life...

Saturday, June 15, 2013

June – Getting my Focus Back on Track

As I look over the past 6 months I have realized a few things.  My theme for the year was to rest and trust in God. It has been very hard to do this.  I find myself often trying to accomplish things on my own strength… but we have endured so many trials that I often fail and fall flat on my face.  With little sleep and a lot on my plate I have been tired a lot… of course having insomnia doesn't help.  J 

But I have noticed that on occasion I have had a time of refreshment in the Lord.  During those times my strength is renewed... my attitude is more positive… I feel joy and peace but unfortunately those times have been far a few between. 

Now that I am on summer vacation and have more time on my hands I am going to set more time aside to spend with the Lord.  These last couple weeks I have not been subbing much since there hasn't been anything available so I already have enjoyed many days of walking in the morning, organizing my house, spending time studying the Bible while sitting on the porch and drinking mate, reading books for enjoyment, and enjoying time with family.  I am looking forward to having more days of refreshment this summer. 


My hope is that I will so enjoy these times and recognize the importance of them again and when school starts back up my refreshing quiet times with the Lord won’t be so few and far between.  I don’t want the stress and busyness to overwhelm me again and steal my joy in the Lord.  I can already tell a difference in my life and how I relate to others and know that the more time I spend with the Lord the more his character will be reflected in me.  

No comments: