I was able to spend the afternoon listening to worship
music, drinking “mate”, and enjoying a quiet time. Lately my time with the Lord has felt more
like a routine and not a time of rest and growth. I've missed these times of refreshment as I
struggle to live day by day just holding my head afloat. Life has been busy, and while I make it a
habit of spending time with the Lord every day, those times have been missing
some of the passion I've experienced in the past.
So, today I decided to escape from the day to day and just
spend time with the Lord. I have a study
I've wanted to do for awhile but kept putting off because it required a
significant amount of time to think and reflect and I didn't want to just race
through it. This study required me to
think about how I want to be remembered in various roles of my life; as a wife,
as a mother, as a friend, as a neighbor, by those who don’t believe in Christ
and by those I have ministered to. It is
amazing how the way I want to be remembered in these various roles often
overlap and show what I value in life.
Some of the characteristics that kept coming up as I
reflected include: Someone who loves God
and others unconditionally, one who forgives others, an example, one who lives
out their faith and makes disciples (who make disciples), one who is joyful regardless
of the circumstances, one who is an encourager (I want my words to build others
up and not tear them down), one who prays faithfully for others, one who loves
to worship God no matter where they are, one who is passionate about life and
serving God, one who is a good listener and available to lend a helping hand,
one who is honest and transparent, and one who is obedient to the call of God
on her life.
I realize that I am far from this person but it is my
desire. I want God to be at work in my
life and mold me into this kind of person.
I don’t want to reflect these characteristics in just a few
relationships but in all relationships. My
prayer is that in the year to come I will see growth in all of these
areas. I know the growth won’t be
instantaneous and that I cannot do it on my own but I do want to pursue these
areas so I can reflect Christ to those around me.
1 comment:
I'm so proud of you. Love you, and love your heart for the Lord.
Post a Comment