Today was a day not just
to celebrate my own father but to celebrate my husband. Matthew is an amazing father to Shane and
desires to emulate his own father Luke.
Although I met Luke when I was only 13 I don’t remember him well. I wish
I would have had the opportunity to get to know him better as an adult but all
I have are the stories that Matthew shares with me about how much Luke impacted
his life and the love he had for the Lord.
As crazy as life can be
raising a teenager can be at times I can see many similarities between Matthew
and Shane. Shane loves his father and desires
to please him in so many ways. My
biggest prayer is that Shane will become a man of God that has his own personal
walk with the Lord and has a deep love for his own children. There are so many great qualities that he can
learn from his own father that can be passed down from generation to
generation; such as serving others, giving of yourself sacrificially, treating
your wife with love and respect, enduring trials and so much more… Shane is
blessed to have Matthew as his father and example.
My own father has impacted
my life greatly. He is a man of few
words but when he does speak it is wise to stop and listen. My father is very patient and kind to
everyone. Growing up I loved to cuddle
with him and always felt protected in his arms.
He is also very generous… not only with his belongings but with his
time. I have loved watching him and
Matthew interact and build a relationship.
Today is also a day to
celebrate all the other father figures in my life both past and present. Growing up I had so many people who looked
after me like a father; especially the fathers of my friends. I am blessed because of the impact they had
on my life. Even today there are many father
figures I can look to; including my own siblings. I love to watch the relationship they have
with their own children.
Most importantly we have
the ultimate Father we can celebrate.
Every day we should look to him and thank him for what He has done in
our lives. God is a father to each one
of us; whether we had a positive human father figure in our life or not. He is our protector, our provider, our
defender, our encourager, our hope, our guide, and our example. He is more than any earthly father could ever
be.
This year we celebrated
Father’s Day with a barbeque at my parent’s house. Jimmy and Karen were able to come with their
family as well as Matthew, Shane and I.
It was a relaxing day of just enjoying family and of course eating yummy
food. Here are a few pictures of our time
together..!
Karen took care of the meat...
My Dad and Jimmy surrounded by the kids..
Shane and Matthew...
Matthew enjoying the food...
No comments:
Post a Comment