This week did not turn at
as I would have expected… after getting back to my parents from my impromptu
dinner with Shane I was surprised to see my Grandma and David at the house…
planning to stay the night with us. I
haven’t seen my Grandma since my wedding day almost two years ago and even then
it was just for a couple hours. It has
been a long time since I have been able to sit down and talk to my Grandma and
even longer since I've enjoyed the time with her.
To make a long story short
she decided she was finally ready to move in with my Aunt and Uncle in Spokane…
so we called them up and they decided to drive over early the next morning to
pick her up. My Grandma has had a lot of
surgeries lately and scheduled to have another one and she needed a place to
live that would give her more room to move around which she did not have living
in a trailer. It also helps that my Aunt
Judy is a nurse and will be able to take care of her.
Needless to say, not only
did I get to see my Grandma, I got to see my Uncle Duffy and Aunt Judy, as well
as a couple of my siblings and their families.
We had a great visit and were able to celebrate my Mom’s 60th
birthday with them. I told her I had
planned all the surprises all along just like we did for her 50th
birthday, but there is no way I could have planned something that perfect. I thank God for the time I was able to spend
with my Grandma and love on her.
Unexpected visitors for the weekend...
Posing with my Grandma...
Kim cooking while the rest visited...
The kids enjoying the food...
Celebrating my mom with a steak dinner...
Grandma with two of her boys...
Heading off to Spokane...
No comments:
Post a Comment