Living Life...

Living Life...

Friday, April 5, 2013

April – My birthday Gift

March 29th was my last day of work as a long-term sub at South Kitsap High School.  I was really disappointed to be losing this position for many reasons.  I loved this job.  I enjoyed working alongside amazing co-workers and even enjoyed the students.  One might think I am crazy for enjoying working with high school students with behavior problems but I do.  I loved being able to walk the halls before work, during my breaks, and even after school in a warm dry location.  I even loved being off work by 2:00 pm each day… the only thing I didn't enjoy was waking up so early.  But all good things must come to an end… not always because that is the path we choose but that is life.  I am hoping to return again one day if the person I was subbing for is able to get a position as a teacher but I will leave that into the hands of God.

I was really sad walking out of class that day knowing I wasn't coming back after my vacation.  But Matthew cheered me up when he called to let me know that he had found a treadmill for me.  I had mentioned a couple weeks back how it would be nice to have one so I can continue with my walking since I don’t like walking in the rain.  The day that I would no longer have a dry place to walk is the day he brought me a home a “new” used treadmill.  I love my treadmill.  I love being able to walk any time of the day and not have to leave the house to do it.  I love being able to listen to worship music or watch movies while I walk.  It was the perfect birthday gift for me at a time I really needed it.  






No comments: