March was a month full of
celebrations… with friends and family. Just
a week after the operation we decided to go to Amanda’s birthday party after
church. We went mainly so the girl’s
could see Matthew since Elizabeth was worried about him after the surgery. She was so interested in his short arm and
had a bunch of questions but most of all she was excited that she could touch
him and he was no longer in pain. Amanda
was a little bit more hesitant about touching his arm but she has always been shyer
around him.
Enjoying time with the family...
Amanda's favorite birthday gift of the day...
Shane just chillin
Kim made Amanda an ice-cream cake for the party...
Two weeks after Matthew’s
operation I had a reunion with friends from Faith back when I was part of the
youth group. Unfortunately, Matthew was
still pretty sore so he stayed back at my parent’s house resting. I had a blast just catching up and visiting
with everyone. I can’t wait to do it
again sometime soon. The party started
around 1:00pm and I didn't get home until around 10:00pm. It was nice to just have a relaxing day with
friends… and it was just like old times where we could just sit and visit for
hours.
Katie & Jenny
Suzy, Cassie and Me
And to think.. Shea was our "leader"
Billy's daughter is sure growing up fast..
Just part of the group... we were missing a lot of the core group...
Another group shot... what a great group of friends to grow up with.
The next weekend we
decided to have a barbecue at our house with friends on Friday evening. It started out just inviting another couple but
it quickly grew to most of our mutual friends on that side of the water… which
includes our small group and neighbors. I
had a lot of fun playing hostess and Matthew LOVED being able to barbecue for
everyone. Of course, he did various
types of meat like they would do in Argentina.
I was stuffed after eating all of the good food that everyone
brought. After dinner, we visited and
then played a couple rounds of Apples to Apples. I was exhausted by the time we went to bed
but it was such an enjoyable night.
Myrel and Thomas
Different groups interacting with one another...
The boys at the grill... yummy
Shane loaded up with food...
Jeff and Becky
Nate showed up a bit late...
Tracey and Me
Matthew sharing popcorn with Thomas
Playing some Apples to Apples...
The last weekend in March
was Easter Sunday. We didn't have a huge
celebration other than worshiping God for the amazing gift he has given
us. After church everyone went back to
my parents for a barbecue and Easter egg hunt.
Since there was no youth group we were able to go home early and
actually have a Sunday evening relaxing at home.
Our family photo...
Little Aliya cuddling with me...
Crazy Cousins
Time for the egg hunt...
Amanda counting her money...
Looking for the last couple eggs... a bit too high for them...
No comments:
Post a Comment