Living Life...

Living Life...

Thursday, April 11, 2013

April – Family Vacation – California Adventures..!

Thursday we went to California adventures for the day.  We were able to go into the park early but of course they only opened the front area so people could go shopping. Needless to say we just stood around the fountain waiting for it to officially open while Matthew and Kim waited in line to get fast passes to Cars.  Rumor has it the fast pass is usually gone by 10:00 am and if you don’t get it early you have to wait in a two hour line which we weren't willing to do.

Once again I only liked the little kid rides as most of the other ones made me sicker than a dog… even the Goofy roller coaster made me green.  Instead of going on the rides I waited around and visited with those who weren't going to ride and enjoy the excitement of all of the children… young and old.  Everyone but Jonathan and I went on California Screamin’... and some went on it multiple times throughout the day.  Shane had a lot more fun at this park going on the bigger roller coasters.  


All crammed into one elevator... 

All the kids ready to explore a new park.. 

Jonathan loved the Toy Story Ride... 

The Goofy Ride with my sister... what was I thinking..?

Of course the girls LOVED it..!

Elizabeth was attached to Uncle Matthew again.. 

The boys enjoying the "Little Mermaid" ride..!

I got to do a few rides with Matthew today... 

Get your hands up and ready to SCREAM... 

I was in awe of how everything was designed and decorated.  Cars Land was pretty fascinating and one of the hot attractions.  Of course, we won the race on the ride which was a lot of fun.  After that I was a goner… and headed over to the Bug land section of the park with the rides for the little kids.  That was the drop off point for the kids that didn't want to go on certain rides. 



Shane enjoyed anything that spun in circles... or went fast

In the middle of the race.. that we won

The kids ready to ride.. 

Playing in the Bug Land with the kids... 

Jonathan was just a little short... but he still went on the rides..!


After lunch we did Soarin’ over California, the kids explored the Redwood Creek Challenge Course and then we went on my favorite ride… the Grizzly River Run.  I was soaked after the ride and my head was still spinning from the morning so I decided to go back to the condo with Matthew and my father for a couples hours.  Shane had a blast staying at the park with everyone and going on all the rides.  


Matthew and Shane waiting in line... 

Shane sneaking up behind Karen

Cuddling with Matthew in line... 

All ready for the ride..!

Shane enjoying the bumper cars... 


Kim and the Girls... 

Jimmy, Karen and the Fab Five

The extra kids... under Grandma's care


 In the evening, my father and I headed back to the park to meet back up with the group and watch the World of Color show.  It was an amazing water show with lights and sound.  Unfortunately, the kids started fading quickly and were ready to go home by the time it was over… we finally had our first meltdown of the trip.  Once again we closed the park and crashed when we got back to the condo. 



Enjoying a late night dinner... 

Waiting for the World of Color Show

Shane and I... enjoying the evening


No comments: