Living Life...

Living Life...

Friday, August 5, 2011

August – Pre-Wedding Craziness

A lot went into planning the wedding even though I kept it low key and invited EVERYONE..! (If you didn’t get an invitation it was lost in the mail…)  J  Or course I also had a lot of help.  A couple of my Aunts called up to volunteer and come a couple days before the wedding to prepare the food.  Other relatives and friends of both Matthew and myself brought salads for the reception.  Christy and my mother prepared the flower arrangements.  Kim made the wedding cakes with the help of a friend Elizabeth.  Kim and my mother also helped me find decorations and gifts for the reception.  Michelle altered my mother’s wedding dress so it would fit me.  I designed the wedding invitations and Matthew stuffed and mailed them out for me while I worked on homework.  We had an amazing wedding planner who not only kept us on top of things but spent hours decorating the church for us since I told her I didn’t care about the decorations.  Of course all of these things were spread out in the 6 months I had to plan the wedding while working full-time and studying full-time. 

The week before the wedding was a whirlwind.  I worked up until the day before with the help of Matthew and other family members.  Thankfully I was finished with my homework but I did have to worry about registering for the classes I would take when we got home from the honeymoon as well as last minute travel concerns that came up.  All in all I think I stayed pretty calm and didn’t turn into bridezilla. 

Here are some pictures of the days before the wedding… both working and celebrating..!  Of course there is no way I could have captured all the craziness on camera… and yes I did get a couple hours of sleep in that last night… though I don’t think my mom did.  

My Aunts came to help with last minute details and food prep..!


Kim made my cakes while Matthew helped me babysit the girls..!


Pastor John - Leading us at the Rehearsal...    



 Sue helping guide the wedding party so they know the order of events...

Dan and the groomsmen's wives had to fill in for those who couldn't make it..!
Poor Dan had to be 4 people... he did a lot of walking down the aisle.  





Ready to sign the marriage certificate... but I guess I have to wait another day..!


No flowers = A new hat...


We had our rehearsal dinner at Azteca's where we were able to do a Fajita Bar for everyone.  We even helped keep the cost down by purchasing gift cards when they were on sale... we ended up saving $100 on the meal.    



During dinner we handed out the gifts to those in our wedding party.  Matthew gave the guys a pocket knife with their name engraved on it... I gave the girls a purse that matched their dresses full of little goodies for the weddings.  Of course we had to wait until the next day to give all the children gifts.  There were a lot of gifts since all of my nieces and nephews participated in some way... this was definitely a family wedding..! 




 
 Scott celebrated his birthday Azteca style..!


Our Pastor's... great to have such a loving church family that supports and encourages us..!

In just a couple hours we will officially be a family..!



No comments: