The reception flew by… we started out with a small reception line for those who weren’t going to be able to stay for the reception. Then we visited people outside while the sanctuary was being transformed with tables. Of course I got a plate full of food with anticipation of eating but soon realized that was not going to happen. I was too busy talking to people to enjoy the food.
We did many of the classic wedding reception activities: Jeff and Kim did the toast which was very touching. We cut the cake before everyone devoured it. We continued to visit with guests until I could no longer handle it.
What most people don’t realize is that towards the end of the party I started feeling faint headed and raced to get out of my dress and into my honeymoon dress. We quickly said our goodbye and left the party. We didn’t get far before I was feeling really sick. While driving down highway 18 I ended up puking out the little food I ate that day. It sure put Matthew to the test of loving me through sickness and in health J He pulled over at Sherry’s so I could get cleaned up and he could clean the inside of the car… our next stop was a car wash which was much needed. After that I felt much better and enjoyed the rest of the drive.
The reception line... for just a few guests..!
Hanging out with the guests outside...
The yummy food... which Matthew devoured and I took a few bites of...
Kim and Jeff giving the toast... Matthew put in his two cents too...
Cutting the cake... nicely like planned.
Laura came the furthest... all the way from Argentina to celebrate with us..!
We were ready to go and enjoy married life...
Our guests seeing us off... thanks for coming guys..!
No comments:
Post a Comment