While in Argentina Matthew and I did another wedding
ceremony. I had so many friends and “family”
down there that couldn’t make it up for the wedding that we decided to just do
a ceremony with them. There was no
planning that went into the wedding other than bringing down my dress and his
suit and a couple other items. Instead
of asking for gifts we just had people bring food for the reception.
People came from all over Argentina to celebrate this
special day with us. Of course they all
played a big role in making it a success.
I loved how each one contributed something and how low key it was. Of course, we combined some of the American
traditions with Argentine traditions mixed into it. Although I was ready on time the festivities
started a couple hours late as people were still arriving. We partied late into the night and I got
pictures with everyone and was able to introduce Matthew to those who hadn’t
met him yet.
Carolina did my hair and then Natalia did my make-up.
Natalia and I got to visit while we waited for the guests to arrive... (Argentine Tradition)
My poor slippers didn't stay white for long.. but they were comfy.
Everyone wanted to take pictures of me getting out of the car (Argentina Tradition)
Part of the wedding party celebrating beforehand..
Tamara played the keyboard as we entered...
The following wedding party was an American Tradition done Argentine style..
Eugenia & Alejandra - Candle lighters
Sole & Maxi - Matron of Honor / Best Man
Carla & Mauricio (Bridesmaid / Groomsman)
Maria & Matias (Bridesmaid / Groomsman)
Natalia & Matias (Bridesmaid / Groomsman)
Carolina & Leandro (Bridesmaid / Groomsman)
Finally Matthew and I entered in together...!
Leandro & Jorge led us in a time of worship before Jorge prayed for us as a couple
Guillermo (Scott) performed the ceremony
It was done in Spanish so I translated for Matthew...
Matthew even did the vows in Spanish which he read out loud..
they were the ones we did in our first wedding translated into Spanish.
Of course we were sitting while the guests were standing (Argentina Tradition)
Vicky sang a solo in English and a duet with Marcelo...
We lit the Unity Candle during the song (American Tradition)
Matias sang "Mi Poeta" for me..!
One of my Argentine Families...
Adriana, Norma, Natalia & Ivana
Colleagues - Scott and Ruth
My other Argentine Family - Llamas Rossi
Maxi, Gustavo, Matthew, Leandro
Valentino, Soledad, Carolina, Norma, Kristin, Alejandra, Maria
Jorge, Jose, & Mauricio

No comments:
Post a Comment