Living Life...

Living Life...

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Pennsylvania to New York City..!

Yesterday morning we started our trip to the "Big City" of course we had to pass through New Jersey on the way to New York City..! I got my classic pictures by the signs and we continued on. You could tell we were entering the city as traffic got really bad. It was a nightmare going through the Lincoln Tunnel so we could find the apartment that we were going to stay at.


I was exhausted before the day started and definately on overload as we walked around the city. Within the fist couple hours we saw the Empire State Building, Time Square, and finally we ended up at Bryant Park to meet up with my cousin Anny.



We visited for awhile and then she gave us a tour of NYC (Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, Tiffany's, Trump Tower, etc. We finally arrived at Central Park where she left us and headed off to work. I enjoyed the park a lot and was ready for a break from the city life... I think I would spend most of my time here if I had to live in NYC..!



After getting a couple hours of rest back at the apartment we decided to check out the night life of New York... once again I prefered walking around at night to the day... not surprising, eh?
I thought this was a pretty funny police car..!


After getting almost 8 hours of sleep (FINALLY) we started the day off trying to figure out the Subway system in NYC... I of course figured it out pretty quickly so I was guiding my parents to where we needed to go. (Only because the map was too small for my dad to read.. haha)


The first stop was the Staten Island Ferry to get a good view of the Statue of Liberty... then again it was a bit cloudy so it wasn't a perfect view..!




We then walked through Battery Park and along the coastline where we had a great view up to the World Trade Center... they are still doing a lot of construction on the site so there wasn't much to see yet. But it was a bit of a humbling time remembering back to 9/11


The weather has been a bit crazy.. one moment it is sunny enough to go into the plaza and the next it is pouring down rain.. then sunny again..!


We enjoyed lunch and a treat with Anny... we even got to see her apartment building.. though it was a LONG 6 flights up the stairs..!

She recommended a few more places to visit before we headed back to the house for a rest..!
Can anyone guess what this building is??? Think of famous tv shows... of course I only got the bottom portion of the building to make it a little harder..!
I'll wait for some guesses before I give you the answer... for now I am off to dinner at a pretty fancy Japanese restaurant where Anny works... she is preparing a special menu for us.. YUMMY! Maybe we'll even see someone famous..!

No comments: