The LORD is near to all who call on
him, to all who call on him in truth.
Psalm 145:18
So, I have been calling upon the Lord lately… and here are some of the things He has been teaching me as I finished up my study on Experiencing God. Some are “quotes I liked” other are personal thoughts… plus a poem that I wrote on January 1st, 2004 which expresses what I still feel today... enjoy..!
“Lord, whatever you direct me to do in relation to Your body, I will do. I am Your servant for Your purposes.” – That is so my hearts desire… to do WHATEVER He has for me..!
“When God invites you to join Him in His work, He presents a God-sized assignment for you to accomplish. You will realize that you cannot accomplish it on your own… You must decide what you believe about God. How you respond will determine whether you go on to be involved with something God-sized that only He can do or whether you will continue to go your own way and miss what God has purposed for your life.” – Wow… How am I going to respond???
“Don’t deny me the opportunity to sacrifice for my Lord.”
Lord, I give you this year
To do as you please
Please work in my life
And draw me to you
My desire is to leave
An example others can follow
To not only train believers
But also seek after the lost
I’ll need to live by faith
To hold constantly to you
And when things seem difficult
To you I want to cling
Many adventures lay ahead
With challenges along the way
But I want my ultimate goal to be
That to you I draw closer
Give me a heart for the lost
A burden for unbelievers
Knowledge of who they are
And a love that draws them in
Give me wisdom for the saved
An example to live before them
Knowledge of how to help
And a love that leads them on
Be with every single detail
As I life my eyes to you
Remind me your will is perfect
So from it I will not stray
Thank you for your love Lord
For listening to every cry
For leading me down this path
And for all that is to come.
To do as you please
Please work in my life
And draw me to you
My desire is to leave
An example others can follow
To not only train believers
But also seek after the lost
I’ll need to live by faith
To hold constantly to you
And when things seem difficult
To you I want to cling
Many adventures lay ahead
With challenges along the way
But I want my ultimate goal to be
That to you I draw closer
Give me a heart for the lost
A burden for unbelievers
Knowledge of who they are
And a love that draws them in
Give me wisdom for the saved
An example to live before them
Knowledge of how to help
And a love that leads them on
Be with every single detail
As I life my eyes to you
Remind me your will is perfect
So from it I will not stray
Thank you for your love Lord
For listening to every cry
For leading me down this path
And for all that is to come.
Okay… so that is pretty indepth for tonight… we’ll see if I can fall asleep with all of that on my mind. More to come soon…!
No comments:
Post a Comment