Living Life...

Living Life...

Thursday, July 2, 2009

New York City - A night in the city..!

Okay.. so dinner deserves a its very own post... my cousin Anny invited us to the Japanese Restaurant where she works for dinner. I didn't know what to expect but was willing to try whatever she served me... of course we let her put the menu together. On top of what she planned for us the chef made us a special plate as a surprise and two other items came to the table by accident so we ate a LOT of food. I would tell you what it all was but I have forgotten the names of most of it... so enjoy the pictures..!


This is the first of many servings to come... it had shrimp, crab, fish, salads, corn... the shrimp was a special type in which you eat everything including the shell... it was all very good.
We enjoyed a typical fruit juice as well.

I tried to eat the typical Japanese way but often either used my hand or a fork..!

Another courses included lobster, very tender meat, and I think it was a crab dish...

This is when we got a little more adventerous... we had sushi (my first time ever)... though the only raw meat we had was tuna on thin crackers... the rest were rolls that were cooked... (yep we cheated a little..) There were four different types... one was eel with avacado, another had the soft-shell shrimp, a crab one and another one... I wish I could remember it all..!
Here is my dad and Anny our waitress... and cousin of course..~!

After all that food we had to save room for desert... it was a fondue mixed with fruit and brownie/cookie type things. As well as a special dish made out of ricotta cheese (Anny's favorite)... to top it off we had wild berries. Shockingly we cleared the desert plate..!
After eating all the food we got to meet the chef and the guys who work at the sushi bar. It was so much fun to see Anny at work with her co-workers and how much she enjoys her job... I can't complain about the food either.. it was the fanciest meal I ever ate... I ate like a movie star... (literally speaking as many famous people eat there..)

Now that I am stuffed full... it is time for bed. Tomorrow the journey continues..!

1 comment:

The Earnhardt Family said...

OK, so the dessert I can do, but all that fishy stuff...(shutter)... But the presentation was amazing!!! :o) What a spread you guys got, and such royal treatment! My goodness, how fancy pants!!! Very nifty! (minus all the fishy stuff) ;-D