The one benefit of being in quarantine because of Covid and not feeling
sick was that I was able to get a lot done around the house during that time. The
big project that I wanted to do during this time was to clean out my
closet. Not only did I want to go through
the clothes that Matthew and I don’t wear anymore but I wanted to go through
and clean out everything else that was in the closet. I didn’t realize that
this is something that had not been done since I was a teenager. When I got
married, I left a bunch of stuff in the room and moved out… when we moved back
in with my parents, I still had all that stuff in the closet. Now that we are officially buying the house from
my parents, I want to get it looking nice. I ended up cleaning out six bags of
items and a couple boxes. I did find
some interesting things during the process.
Thankfully, my quarantine ended in time for me to go to Abby’s bridal
shower. I did not want to miss such an
important event. My D-Group girls are
still very close, and I love that even though I no longer go to Faith, we are
still able to connect at events like these.
I will never forget our weekly meetings and watching them grow in their
faith… I love that I get to see them continue to grow and develop as young
women.
Summer quickly came to an end this year.
We got out for summer very late due to the strike and snow days and
started a week earlier than usually due to the districts very crappy calendar
options. It felt like they were punishing us for striking last year.
Thankfully, I love my job, so it made it a little more bearable. I did come back to my classroom a complete
disaster as nothing was put back into place from the summer “cleaning”. I took this opportunity to rearrange the room
a bit and was rather happy with the new arrangement.
We ended August celebrating the twin’s birthday. Matthew and I drove Cooper over so that he could
be there for the party again. It is hard
to believe how long it has been since we’ve seen them. They have gotten so big and are moving around
so much. It was a blast watching them
play and interact. Of course, this time
around we picked a date for Alyssa to come over so we wouldn’t let so much time
pass between visits.






























No comments:
Post a Comment