Living Life...

Living Life...

Thursday, August 3, 2023

Alaskan Cruise 2023… Tracy Arm Fjord..!

On the 3rd day of the cruise was another “day at sea” in the sense that we did not dock at any ports.  Instead, the ship went into the Tracy Arm Fjord to see the Sawyer Glaciers.

The morning started out relaxing… eating breakfast, enjoying the sunrise, getting my walk in, watching the views from the ship, whale watching and just hanging out as a group in the adults only area of the ship.  


Loving the balcony pictures... 


Adults Only Area with the family... 


Loved the fog lines...


Kim, Keb, and I were the only ones who booked the excursion onto the smaller boat so when we arrived at the Tracy Arm Fjord, we boarded one of two smaller boats to enjoy the views.  The excursion was a few hours long and allowed us to get closer to a lot of the spectacular landscapes along the way.  We were so lucky that we got the boat/captain that we did as he would get closer to the attractions and spend more time than the other boat did. 

We took hundreds of pictures of the scenery.  It was absolutely beautiful.  We saw waterfalls, glaciers, sea lions, and so much more.  I do not regret spending the extra money to experience what we did.

Goodbye ship... 


Kim and I posing the same... haha


What our boat looked like... but ours was better!


Loved the waterfalls... we stayed here awhile... 
the other boat never came close to it..!




So many amazing views along the way... 






When we got up to the glaciers, they brought in a small one onto the boat.  With part of it they made Glacieritas (magaritas made with the ice of a glacier) and then allowed us to hold another part of the glacier.  I was able to experience both things (though we only bought two drinks and I just tasted it since I don’t like alcohol). 


This is all you could see from the ship...!



We of course got closer... and closer... 








"Glacieritas"

Not a fan... 

but I loved the glaciers... 



So glad I joined them on this excursion... 






Holding part of a glacier... 




I was mesmerized by the beauty of the glaciers. I was even able to find what looked like a cross in one of the glaciers.  I was pointing it out to Keb when right next to it part of the glacier started breaking away. It was so cool to see it take place. 

Do you see the cross???

Such vibrant colors... 

The other ship barely spent any time near the glacier... 




Heading back to the ship...


Eventually, we had to board the cruise ship again and allow the next group of people to enjoy the smaller boats while we toured out of the Tracy Arm Fjord.  Of course, the views from my balcony were spectacular… not quite as amazing as from the little boat but a lot more comfortable. 




Back on my balcony... 


Enjoying the views as we leave Tracy Arm Fjord... 





Definitely not as cold up here as it was on the little boat... 



That evening, we met back up as a group for dinner.  I was able to explore a variety of new foods and Mom and Dad joined in the dinner toast.  Of course, we were able to share some of the pictures we took with the group. Most of us decided to go to the beach party musical that night… it was a little cheesy, but the music was entertaining. 







Heading into a storm... 

Our towel creation for the day... 

Pictures from the show... 










No comments: