Living Life...

Living Life...

Sunday, November 22, 2020

When life throws you a curve ball… You get back up..!

  Things were going really well in the Month of November… crazy at times, yes… insanely busy, yes, but still good.  The study on forgiveness has been very convicting and I just started going through it with my paras when BAM… I am smacked in the face with a painful situation.  

A reminder of the pain... I can see the hurt in my eyes in this picture... 


Out of respect for the other person, I don’t want to give too many details but imagine praying for reconciliation with someone for years and then receiving a message that they still hate you with a passion.  I was devastated… I know that God is in control of all situations, but I also know that He does not desire for relationships to be broken… the devil has wreaked such havoc… he is celebrating over the brokenness.  My heart felt like it was shattered to pieces and stomped on…

I won’t lie… it took me awhile to climb back out of the pit… to give my broken heart over to God and say, “I need you to mend it.”  I spent even more time in God’s Word and reading over the words in Choosing Forgiveness… literally crying out to God… day and night… I would find myself trying to hold in the tears. 


Only thing that got me through the pain... 




Matthew and I even took a drive to our favorite spot on Snoqualmie pass to try to clear our heads.  We got some beautiful pictures at Alpental… I even took the token 2020 mask selfie as a reminder of the year’s craziness.  We then went home so I could watch the Husky game... another good way to distract myself from the pain.  



I love seeing this view throughout the changes... 



All masked up... in my Husky Colors..!

Game time... 


During this time, I even wrote a poem.  It has been years since I have written one… so I am a bit rusty… but here it is.

 

The Blame Game

Kristin Mazdzer

11/22/2020

 

It is so easy to play the blame game

I know I’ve played it many times

My mouth full of accusations

Blinded by my own sins

 

I can see all they did wrong

Quick to point it out to them

Not willing to look at my own life

Maybe I’m the cause of the strife

 

Lord, forgive me for the role I played

For casting all the blame upon the other

Not willing to take a look within

And recognize my own sin

 

Blaming other for the pain

Holding all the anger within

The root of bitterness continues to grow

Hiding the pain so it doesn’t show

 

I’ve also been on the other side

Of this thing I call the blame game

Listening to all the accusations

As a piece of me dies within

 

Wondering if they could see my heart

Maybe they would change their mind

Praying for the truth to be revealed

So, our lives can finally be healed

 

I know that Satan is rejoicing

When we play the blame game

He’s the father of accusations

And wants us blinded to our sins

 

Even when we’ve been forgiven

He reminds us of all our sins

And fills our minds up with lies

So, we’ll take our eyes off the prize

 

Lord, forgive me for the playing the game

For being the one to accuse another

And allowing other to blame me

Please come and set me free

 

I want to live my life for you

Free from the burden of my sins

So, I can be an example for all to see

Resisting the devil, so he’ll flee. 

1 comment:

artsyfartsypants said...

I really like this. It's so hard to forgive when you still experience the pain. Your poem is a good reminder of where our focus should be.