Living Life...

Living Life...

Sunday, November 29, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving… Much to be Thankful for..!

This weekend was just what I needed. It became a very long weekend for me… as I had Wednesday off due to parent/teacher conferences and I ended up taking Tuesday off after suffering a migraine for two days.  On Monday night, I slept for 11 hours and then rushed to clean the house before my massage that afternoon.  I wanted to be able to relax after the massage and not have to worry about cleaning afterwards.

On Wednesday, I ran a couple errands in the morning and then came home to make Monkey Bread.  I have been craving it for a while so I finally bought the biscuits so I could make it.  I then spent the afternoon doing my Bible study and enjoying my time off.  


Yummy Monkey bread... perfect with my Mate and quiet time... 


Thanksgiving morning, I started the day off with the Lord… I am reading through the book of Proverbs and going through the study on forgiveness… but I also took some time to reflect on the many things I have to be thankful for this year.  2020 has definitely been an interesting year but it has also been a good year.  This extra time at home has allowed me time to drink mate and spend quality time in the word without having to get up extra early… I am not a morning time so it has been a blessing I will miss when I go back to the building.  I could share many more blessings but that would make this post way too long…

Matthew and I hosted my family for Thanksgiving… Jimmy and Karen came over with the kids and Kim and Keb came over with the girls.  Matthew’s friend Cooper also joined us for the day, so he didn’t have to spend it alone.  It was a relaxing evening at the house with a lot of good food.  We don’t see each other enough so we spend hours together just visiting.  The kids (or should I say young adults since they are not so little anymore) get along so well.  They played games together… whether it be on their devices or card games… it was fun to see them all interacting and having a good time together.  Before everyone left the house was almost all cleaned up, so I finished the last few things and went to bed content.  


Happy Thanksgiving.. 

James enjoying the "Red Stuff" as we call it.  

Kim and Keb

All the youngins playing games together (on their devices)

Keb and Cooper watching football... 

Josiah and Abby playing cards... 

Dessert time... yummy

Love these ladies... my family

Kim and Elizabeth

Enjoy a variety plate... 

Matthew and I on Thanksgiving 2020

On Friday, I had my quiet time in the morning… it was been so good these days off since I have hours I can spend with the Lord… Afterwards, I headed to the store for my annual Black Friday shopping… at Costco to stock up on meat for the year.  They have great sales on meat, and we were running low in the freezer… now we just need to cut it up and we are good to go for a while.  



Costco Black Friday shopping... I've got the meat..!


That evening Aaron and Jennyfer Tibbets came over for a few hours while before they flew back to Florida.  It was so much fun to visit with them.  We have remained in contact even more so since we stayed with them on our last trip over the summer.  One of AJ’s childhood friends even stopped by to see them for a bit.  It was a great evening of together… I wished they could have stayed longer.  


Tibbet Boys (and a friend)

Matthew and Aron

Jennyfer and I

Matthew and AJ

Saturday was another relaxing day… I did my morning quiet time with mate and worship music.  Matthew and I then talked to Bev.  It has been awhile since we’ve had a chance to find out what was new in her and Len’s life… they are busy selling houses and moving. 

The gas to our house was cut off due to a neighbor so Matthew ended up building me a fire to keep the house warm.  I spent the afternoon laying on the couch watching a Christmas moving, eating leftover turkey sandwiches for lunch, reading my book and finally watching the Husky game.  It was the perfect day.  Especially since the Huskies ended up winning the game by scoring a touch down in the last minute of the game… after being down 21-0 at the half-time.  They haven’t overcome a 21-point deficit since 1988 so it was quite an amazing game for them… 


Love me some leftovers... 

Fire and Christmas movies

A perfect way to spend the day...!

 
Way to go Huskies..!

No comments: