Living Life...

Living Life...

Thursday, November 19, 2020

Still Teaching Online… Finally, in a Rhythm…!

 November has been insanely busy with doctor appointments for Matthew.  We ended up having Cooper come over again so he could accompany Matthew to a handful of the appointments, so I didn’t have to take all the time off work.  Thankfully, I have been keeping up on my quiet times still.  It has been very refreshing and much needed.  God even blessed me with some surprise visitors one day during my quiet time.  


Bible study and Argentine Tea (Mate)


Surprise visitors... 

My Mom's cat wasn't so sure about them... 

Eating the weeds... 

Posing for a picture before heading off... 

I was very excited that college football finally started back up.  So now I get to watch both the Huskies and Seahawks.  During the games I am either busy working on a project in the house or relaxing in my chair… in reality I usually work the first half of the game and relax the second half.  

Husky Football time... 

This is the first time that it has taken until Mid-November for me to feel like things are going smoothly at work.  I finally have most of my 1:1 times with my students up and running smoothly.  Sue even came to observe one and said that she loved seeing what we were doing with the students and how they were able excel during that half-hour block.  My afternoon class is running on a good schedule with Speech on Mondays, me teaching on Tuesday and Wednesdays, Sean on Thursdays, and one of the paras leading a virtual Friday outing on Fridays. 

My workdays may be full, but I am really enjoying the new routine.  Now that things are running smoothly, it is time to start cranking out the safety net IEPs.  I have a feeling the next few months will be crazy busy working on those… thankfully I have a stellar group of paras that can keep the groups going and I can hop back and forth between them as needed. 

After reading one of my blogs about my study on Choosing Forgiveness, a couple of my paras decided they wanted to do the study with me… so I ended up slowing down and starting over with them.  A group of us met up at Yelena’s house for a brunch and to distribute the books one day.  Yelena is an amazing hostess and the food was delicious but the time with this amazing group was priceless… I am blessed to be able to work with them.  


Yelena hosting the group... 


All but one of my paras... amazing group..!



No comments: