Matthew and I enjoyed a date night - Covid-19 style... back at home!
Friday the 13th, it snowed... and was day 1 of no more school..!
When I first started hearing about Covid-19… back before it was
even called that… back when it was in Wahun, China, it intrigued me. I didn’t believe the numbers coming out of
China. I figured whatever numbers they
were telling us were way lower than what was really occurring.
Then we got the first case here in the United States… in Washington…
I have to admit I let my anxiety get the best of me. Not for my own safety, but because Matthew
falls into the high risk category… most may not realize that in the fall he was
placed on oxygen 24 hours a day. His O2
numbers have been low for quite some time… they don’t really know why, but I
started tracking them over the summer… at times they were down in the 70’s but
usually in the 80’s to low 90’s. His
primary care doctor was concerned and sent him to a specialist… to me it feels
like little by little his body is shutting down but no one knows why.
I guess that is one reason why we have chosen to do the things
we do. We go on our trips to enjoy the
time we have together… to make memories.
Matthew pushed me to go back to become a teacher so I would be
financially stable just in case. I
realize that know one knows the future and by some fluke God could come and
take me home first but with all of Matthew’s medical issues it forces you to
remember to cherish these moments a little more.
Anyways that was a sidetrack… at the beginning I was still
working everyday… and working with students with disabilities who do not
practice the best hygiene practices, made me very anxious to catch it and bring
it home to Matthew. When the order came
for schools to close, I was shocked… I was thinking we would be out for 3
weeks, but 6 weeks, I couldn’t wrap my head around it. Just thinking back I can remember it felt
like instantly my anxiety was lifted.
The time at home has given me a lot of time to think… and spend
time in the Word of God. The more time I
have spent in the Bible the less I have been afraid of Covid-19…. At least not
for me and my husband. It has completely
changed my perspective. I mean really…
what can Covid-19 do to us? It could
make us really sick, even kill us… but I know where our eternity lies.
It has definitely given me a new perspective… to pray for those
who don’t know the Lord. I wonder if
they are feeling just a little how the people did back when Pharaoh wouldn’t
let God’s people go. They suffered so
many different plagues… the ultimate one being the death of the first born son
of every family. Yes, Covid-19 has
affected many families… but could you imagine EVERY family losing their first
born son? What devastation..!
I wonder what things will be like in our Country when Covid-19
settles down… I wonder if we’ll go back to the rat race we lived before… I
wonder if things will quickly go back to normal… or will people slow down… and
realize what is most important in life?
Will they recognize their need for God?
Will family become a priority?
No comments:
Post a Comment