On Thanksgiving Chris and Sarah invited us to their wedding in
Haiti, which was only a couple weeks away… which began a whirlwind of figuring
things out. I had to rearrange an IEP
meeting, figure out how to get extra batteries for Matthew’s portable oxygen concentrator,
get time off work, figure out transportation to Portland (where the flights
took off from), etc. Matthew and I were
excited to be a part of this special day for them and so we did everything in
our power to make it happen…
Personally, I think it was a God-thing. What most people don’t know is that I had been
isolating myself from people lately. Since
the assault I had pretty much limited my life to work, doctor appointments, grocery
shopping, and home. I went to church a couple
times but not often. It doesn’t help
that by the end of the day my head is pounding and I don’t feel like doing anything
and I have been using the weekends to get caught up on work and recover from
the week…
So, when it came to the night of the bachelor(ette) party I
sucked it up, took my migraine medicine, and put a smile on my face and went
out for the night. We had dinner at an amazing restaurant in Tacoma (I am not
sure if I enjoyed my burger better or the bacon candy). Then we went over to a dueling piano bar for
the remainder of the evening. It was a lot
of fun… and I loved being able to celebrate Sarah and Chris getting married… I
treasure their friendship and am so excited they are finally making this
commitment.
Matthew with the soon-to-be-bride Sarah
Posing with Chris, the groom!
Enjoying Dinner...
German & Matthew
Bride and Groom!
Mariah, Sarah, & I
Date night with Matthew...
Embarrassing Chris and Sarah
Mariah & German
Mariah "dancing" with German
No comments:
Post a Comment