Our time in Haiti ended too quickly… on Monday morning we packed
up, ate breakfast, visited a bit with Chris and Sarah, said goodbye to the
beautiful beach and loaded up the vehicles back to the airport. The trip back to the airport was uneventful
(thankfully). We made it back quickly
and had lots of time to wait before we boarded the plane.
Chris & Sarah and Rebecca & Jay
Enjoying the beach one last time...
Matthew and German enjoying coffee one last time...
Tracy wanted to smuggle it back...
She settled for pictures...!
The flight to New York was uneventful… unfortunately, it was
early in the day so I was not able to sleep much. Matthew and I did get bumped up to their version
of “first class” which meant we had a little more leg room and were closer to
the front of the plane so Matthew didn’t have to walk as far to the bathroom. Once in New York we all went our separate ways
to find food and just relax until we boarded our last flight home.
Heading home...
Once in Portland we met back up with our group for our drive
back to Seattle… the last leg of our trip.
We were all pretty tired but Aaron and Heather were troopers and drove
us home safely. Most of us had plans the following morning so we had to get
back. I made it home and my head hit the pillow around 5:00 am… 3 hours later I
was jumping out of bed and racing to work. I don’t know how I survived the day but I
think it was pure adrenaline and excitement over my adventure… and knowing I only
had 4 more days until Christmas break.
The trip was a whirlwind… but it was so much fun. I loved watching Chris and Sarah get married…
I enjoyed getting to experience Haiti… I loved the time with this group of
people… I wouldn’t have changed things except or maybe one more day in
paradise..!
No comments:
Post a Comment