Living Life...

Living Life...

Monday, January 19, 2015

Returning to Camas Meadows…

When I was in high school Camas Meadows was my favorite activity with the youth… besides maybe the mission trips.  The reason I loved Camas was that it was a time of growing closer to God and bonding as a youth group. 

Camas lived up to my memories… though I do have to say getting older does make it harder to keep up with the youth and their energy.  I am so grateful to the leaders who came alongside of me and gave up their weekend to be with us. 

One of my favorite parts of Camas this year was our Squad group.  After every message we would meet up and talk about what God was teaching us through the messages.  As the weekend progressed the youth were more willing to open up and share.  I loved the opportunity to get to know them better and watch them grow in their faith and make it their own.   We really do have an amazing group of youth. 

Of course I also enjoyed the quiet times, worship times, message times, being able to just sit and visit with youth and leaders alike, worship at Inspiration Point, watching the youth enjoy playing in the snow, watching the Seahawks game and so much more.  It was an amazing weekend..!

Here are some pictures with some of the high lights of the weekend... 

Some of the fearless leaders... love these guys..!

Tackle football in the snow

Playing games in the lodge

Enjoying the tubing hill... 


Yummy food... especially the dessert..!

Inspiration point at night... 

Getting ready for the big game..!

Celebrating the Seahawks win..!

Enjoying the talent show... 

Foot washing and encouragement...

No comments: