Living Life...

Living Life...

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Celebrating Matthew…

With as much as we have going on I wanted to make Matthew’s birthday special.  He isn't one for big parties but small intimate gatherings.  Since I couldn't sleep I not only hacked into his facebook but also wrote him a letter in our journal.  I am pretty sure the letter was his favorite gift out of everything.  After sleeping in and cuddling in bed we headed out to have lunch together at Applebee’s, one of our favorite restaurants. 

After lunch we came back to the house and visited with my nieces and nephews that were over for the night.  Then we decided to sneak away and watch a movie in bed until dinner time.  For dessert my parents picked up cinnamon rolls instead of a cake which was just perfect for Matthew.
 
We ended the night preparing the Sunday school lesson for the High School class the next morning.  It was the perfect end to the day… being in the Word of God as we worked on ministry together.
 
It is crazy to think that just four years ago Matthew had proposed to me at his “surprise” birthday party… he said that I was the best gift he ever got.  We have gone through so much as a couple but are closer and stronger than ever.  He is an amazing man and I loved being able to celebrate the day with him..!

A gift for the birthday boy...

Celebrated by those who love him...!

No comments: