Living Life...

Living Life...

Thursday, January 8, 2015

As far as it depends on you…

I have peace knowing that I did what I was supposed to do.  After months of going through a study on forgiveness and working through the pain I finally feel as if I am getting the healing I need.  It was a tough process of pulling off scabs… facing the pain… the anger… the bitterness.  It wasn’t easy but it was worth it. 

It is interesting that even though nothing is resolved I finally have the peace I was craving.  I am sure the battle is not over… I imagine I will continue to fight the demons in my head… the lies of the enemy… the pain and sadness but at the same time I have peace. 


Romans 12 is one of my favorite chapters in the Bible… the verse that I have been meditating on this past week is Romans 12:18, "If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone."  I can honestly say I have done what I can to live at peace... I took the last step that I needed to in the process of forgiveness and the weigh of bitterness has been lifted from my chest.  I only pray that God continues to bring about the healing in my heart... and that He be glorified in me..!


No comments: