Living Life...

Living Life...

Friday, September 26, 2014

Youth activities are up and running…

Between working at Kentridge and working with the youth my weeks have been filled to capacity.  Sunday mornings, Matthew and I are involved with the high school Sunday school class.  In fact, next month I will have the opportunity to lead the discussion.  It has been exciting to see the youth step up in Sunday school.  Amy was able to share an opportunity for the youth to serve the needy with a clothing drive.  I loved seeing her excitement for this ministry.  The youth were able to pray over Queen and surround her with love as she was baptized during the first service.  Emily and Sophie shared about their trip overseas.  God is definitely at work in this group of youth. 

Sunday evenings we are able to reconnect with the youth as they hang out at youth group.  Sunday evenings is a time for the youth to feel free to invite friends to a non-threatening activity at church.  It is filled with time of fellowship and games with a small discussion in age appropriate groups at the end. 

Now that we live in the area were able to be a part of the mid-week small groups.  Matthew meets with the boys on Tuesday nights as they go over a study on the measure of a man.  The focus is to teach the youth how to be a man of God.  On Wednesday evenings, I am part of the high school girls’ small group.  We are going over what we believe and why.  We want the girls to have a strong foundation of what they believe… to make it their own faith.  Of course, we also want them to build strong friendships so they have a support system in place as they face various trials in the upcoming years. 

Of course beyond these regular activities we have the random youth activities such as the fast food formal that I shared about previously.  My desire is to also be able to connect with some of the girls on an informal basis like I used to.  Being so involved while I am married is a little more challenging but watching the growth in the youth is worth it.  Of course, it has also been nice to be working at a school that some of the youth attend and be able to see them at school functions. 


Some of the girls that attend Wednesday small group

Enjoying Italian sodas

I caught Patrick smiling :) 

High schoolers go crazy

Averaging over 50 in attendance

Worshiping on Sunday morning

Amy sharing about Kent Hope

Interacting with the girls... 

I love hanging out with Abby and her friends

Middle school goof balls

Apples to Apples and other games

Dividing into groups

Scavenger competition

Praying for Queen's baptism

I loved hearing her share about her faith and getting to know her better

Tears of joy as she (and others) were baptized

Celebrating with her mother... such joy

Embracing the girls

Ramey girls sharing about their trip

What an adventure they had.., 

High school Sunday school 

Jimmy working with the boys

More team competitions

No comments: