Living Life...

Living Life...

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Some important happenings in September…

September has been a busy month and although we have had many difficult days we have also been very blessed.  At the beginning of the month I had the opportunity to get together with some of my girlfriends from when I was in high school… mainly because one of them was in town from Maine.  We met up at Red Robin and spent a couple hours visiting and getting caught up.  At a table next to us was a group of Christian high school students… it reminded me of us almost 20 years ago.  When the waiter came up to take our picture he thanked us for spending the evening talking and not on our cell phones.  I was just blessed to have the opportunity to spend this uninterrupted time with some good friends. 

Jessica, Kristin, Amanda, Cassie, Me and Katie
Missing some from the old days but it was a good group..!


September 7th is a day I will never forget.  It is the day that my grandfather was baptized.  I have spent many hours praying for various family members… It has been a joy to watch many of them come to the Lord and see how their lives have been changed because of it.  What an honor it was to watch Willie make his own commitment.  I have always loved baptisms and this one was extra special to me.  Afterwards, we all headed out to lunch to celebrate.  What a joyous occasion..!

Just a little nervous yet excited 

Willie sharing his age... which received an applause

Willie being baptized...

May God be Glorified in him... 
 
Celebrating lunch with Grandma and Willie

A family shot after lunch

After a busy day at work I spent all day Saturday at a Beth Moore simulcast at my church.  Although I was exhausted and wanted to stay home I am glad that I went.  Not only was it a refreshing time in the Word but I also had the opportunity to connect with other women.  Of course, I am also looking forward to next Saturday where I can relax all day after another busy week at work.  

No comments: