Living Life...

Living Life...

Monday, September 3, 2012

September – 3 Dates in 1 Weekend..!

Last weekend was one of the best weekends all summer long.  It was one filled with adventure, tears, and lots of love.  I had three very unique and special dates… each one touched me in a different way and was a blessing from the Lord. 

Date #1 - On Saturday my friend Cassie invited me to go to the Husky game with her.  Those who know me know that I LOVE football.  It was a beautiful day and the opening game for the season.  It was really nice to be able to get out of the house and enjoy some time with a friend… although I did miss my boys while I was away.   The Huskies won the game but it was very exciting with lots of crazy calls and even crazier plays.  


Girl's Night Out...

Enjoying the view before the game started...



Date #2 – On Sunday morning I had a date with Jesus.  After being away from Faith for a couple weeks it was so nice being back.  The worship time is just what I needed to refresh my soul and the message reminded me that Jesus is in control of all things and that He cares for us.  This past month has been a difficult one emotionally.  My one strength and hope has been the Lord and I am so grateful to my friends and family that have been there to lend a listening ear or a word of encouragement. The song that really touched my heart during the service was “Come to Me”, although all of the songs touched my heart. 

I am the Lord your God,
I go before you now.
I stand beside you
I’m all around you
And though you feel I’m far away
I’m closer than your breath
I am with you
More than you know

I am the Lord your peace
No evil will conquer you
Steady now your heart and mind
Come into my rest
And oh, let your faith arise
And lift up your weary head
I am with you
Wherever you go

Come to me, I’m all you need
Come to me, I’m everything
Come to me, I’m all you need
Come to me, I’m your everything

I am your anchor, in the wind and the waves
And I am your steadfast, so don’t be afraid
Though your heart and flesh may fail you
I’m your faithful strength
And I am with you
Wherever you go

Come to me, I’m all you need
Come to me, I’m your everything
Come to me, I’m all you need
Come to me, I’m your everything

Don’t look to the right or to the left, keep your eyes on me
You will not be shaken, you will not be moved
Ohhhh

I am the hand to hold, I am the truth, I am the way
Heyyyy
Just come to me, come to me
Cause I’m all that you need


A view that reminds me of God's love... the sunset..!

Of course the night sky is one of my favorites.. 


Date #3 – On Sunday evening Matthew and I were finally able to celebrate our anniversary with a night out.  Since he was sick in bed on our anniversary would had to put the celebrating on hold until he could get out of bed and eat something.  First we stopped by to visit some of Matthew’s friends and then we went out to the Olive Garden for dinner.  We both needed some time out as a couple after the stressful month we had.  I am so grateful to the Lord for bringing us together and all that He has taught us during our first year of marriage.  God has definitely blessed both our lives and our marriage and we look forward to many more years to come.    




No comments: