Thankfully we were able to escape for the weekend and head
over to Spokane for my cousin Kari’s wedding reception. We weren’t able to attend the wedding down in
California so it was nice to at least go to the party. Jeremy was kind enough to drive us over so we
could save on gas but we had to pull Shane out of school on Friday.
We spent Friday evening just hanging around at my Aunt Judy’s
house. It has been awhile since I got to
visit my cousin Kyla so it was fun to be able to just hang around and visit
with her. We had a delicious dinner and
then in the evening I played Pinochle with Jeremy, Uncle Duff and my Dad. This is a tradition for the Finnestad clan
when we get together. The first night
Jeremy and Uncle Duff won but on Saturday night we had a rematch and my Dad and
I won. Too bad we weren’t there another night
to break the tie.
On Saturday afternoon we spent a couple hours at the wedding
reception. I only knew my relatives but
it was a lot of fun to catch up on their lives.
I don’t remember the last time I saw Kelli or the girls. Of course, it was also great to get to know
Kari’s husband Adam a little better. It
was a great weekend for my family to get to know Matthew and Shane a little
better too.
Sunday came way too quickly.
We spent the morning with the family before heading home. It was a long drive home but I don’t regret
taking this trip and being able to spend some time with my family. I can’t wait until Matthew’s arm is fixed and
we can do more trips like this in the future.
My goofball guys..!
Me, Kari, and my mom
The boys...........
Kelli's clan...
Aunt Judy and her grandchildren...
The whole clan...
Great food at the reception
Cutting the cake... outdoor style..!
Kyla made it just in time...
View from the party... GORGEOUS
No comments:
Post a Comment