Living Life...

Living Life...

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September – Thoughts about the Trials…


Now that I am caught up on my blog I can write more than what is happening in my life and that of my family.  So, here is a poem that I wrote a couple months back... one that seems to still be relevant today.  God is using this time to prune me and teach me to trust in Him alone. 

It is amazing how God has been providing for us in every area.   He has provided for us financially through many small blessings each month.  We are faithful to giving to Him and in return He has helped our small income stretch so that we have all that we need.  He has provided guidance in raising Shane and in return we've seen him blossom this past year in the area of his education as well as learning more about God.  He has provided the emotional support that we'v needed and in the most difficult times I have felt His arms lifting me up and encouraging me.  He has provided for our health by keeping me healthy to be a support to Matthew and giving us a doctor that was very thorough in helping the infection in Matthew's arm heal.  Even when I feel far away from God He has faithfully drawn me back into His presence and even through my tears has healed me.  

Yes, we may be facing many trials right now... but we serve an AWESOME God who will never let us go.  So, while we may not enjoy the trials in our life I can understand James' teaching "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of  your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything" (1:2-4).  I can find joy in the trials when I take my eyes off the trial itself and see what God is doing in my life as a result of the trial and how He uses the trials to draw me close to Him.  

Living with Trials
Kristin Mazdzer
3/29/12

One trial after another
It never seems to stop
I’m holding on for dear life
But the pain is cutting like a knife

I see the many blessings
God has given to us lately
How He’s provided for every need
But my heart still seems to bleed

I know He loves me dearly
And that He has a perfect plan
But He feels so far away
And often I begin to stray

My mind begins to wander
I start to fear the future
I wonder when He’ll show up
And fill my empty cup

He is our only hope
The way out of all this pain
The One we are living for
The One that can open up the doors

No matter how hard life gets
He is my Sovereign Lord
The One worthy of my praise
The One I’ll cling to all my days

No comments: