Living Life...

Living Life...

Friday, September 7, 2012

September – Back to School..!

I can’t believe how quickly summer went by… after graduating everyone asked me what was next.  My answer was always the same, “I’m taking the summer off and then I will decide”.  Of course I didn’t expect to spend half the summer in the hospital… which was not very relaxing.  Unfortunately summer is now over and we have had to get back into a regular routine.

The night before Shane went back to school we decided to take a family outing.  We headed to Bremerton for some Cold Stone ice cream and a walk along the pier.  The guys had a blast looking at all the old cars that were driving through town… I of course enjoyed my Snickers ice cream and the stroll along the pier looking out into the water.  It was a nice evening but of course it quickly came to an end since Shane had to get up early for school the next day.



Last family outing for the summer... 


Shane eating some ice cream


Me and my skinny husband (He lost a lot of weight in the hospital)

Shane was super excited to go back to school and see all his friends.  Since Matthew and I were out of town the year before this was our first day back to school as a family.  We had a yummy breakfast and then I took the typical first day of school pictures on the porch.  It was weird having Shane gone all day but it will be nice to have a normal routine again. 


He is getting used to all the extra homework he is getting this year and we are working on him learning to be responsible which isn’t always easy for a Junior High boy… it helps that I am super organized and can help him stay on top of things.  We shall see what this year brings us.  


Ready for school... 

First day of 8th. Grade

Currently I am looking for a job to keep me busy a couple hours a day.  I still don’t know anyone in the area so this might be a nice way to make some friends and be able to be a witness to my co-workers.  My desire is to get a job at the school down the street from my house in a classroom with children with disabilities.  This is what I did years ago before I went to Argentina.  If for some reason I don’t get this job then I will hopefully sub for the school district a couple days a week.  We shall see what the Lord provides… who knows… I may be going back to school myself in a week.  

No comments: