Living Life...

Living Life...

Friday, August 31, 2012

August – A few things to enjoy even during a difficult time…

In the month of August I didn’t get out much other than going to the hospital and church a couple times.  I was able to sneak out of the house for a friend’s bridal shower.  Since Rachel is getting married in Africa I really wanted to be able to participate in the shower before she headed home.  I loved listening to her story about how God has worked in her life these last couple years.  I understand a lot of what she is going through so it is always fun to be able to encourage her throughout the process.  





This summer I kept Shane super busy so he wouldn’t have to worry about his father.  Of course, I know it affects him as he makes comments that he hopes his father gets better soon and that he misses him but I try the best I can to make this easier on him.  This summer has been a mixture of Shane doing work so that he can be prepared for moving into regular education classes, dealing with behavior issues of a teenage boy, enjoying time as a family and getting him outside playing with friends as much as possible.  It got a lot easier to get him outside after I found him a longboard on Craigslist.  He was super excited to get the board after riding his cousin James’ board when he was visiting.  Even though he wiped out big time he continued to want to go up to school with the neighbors to ride his board on a daily basis.  


Riding his longboard

Check it out... 

Shane loves his new board... 



Matthew was finally able to come home from the hospital on August 27th.  We were all ready for him to be recovering at home.  Each day he seems to be getting a little better which we praise the Lord for.  We know that God has a plan for us all in this situation even though we may not understand it.  


Matthew had a few visitors at the hospital... 

Cuddle time with Elizabeth





No comments: