Leading up to Valentines Day, I was
able to spend some time with my sister since she was in town for the week. Of
course, like normal, she would be off doing things with co-workers, her girls
and friends during the week but I would catch minutes here and there to visit
with her.
She saved Saturday as a day to hang
out since it was Valentines Day, and the girls already had plans. Matthew
turned it into a party and invited a handful of people over.
I started the day going to a Woman’s Event
at the church with Jaelynn and some friends. I found out at the last minute
that it was potluck style but decided to go anyways. It was good to meet a few
of the other woman from church, and I love me some breakfast food.
Next, we headed out the gun range for
some shooting practice. Kim has not shot a gun in years, so she had been
wanting to get out to the range with Matthew. We also invited Carey and Lucky
and German and the kids. Unfortunately,
Jaelynn and Kory were not able to come since they had something come. Up. We
built a fire once we got there and spent a couple hours shooting a variety of
guns. I shot my new gun for the first time. It was a good time visiting with
everyone and sitting by the fire talking when we were out shooting.
We then headed back to the house for
dinner. German had brought his disco to the house and made his chicken meal for
everyone. Jaelynn and the family were able to come back for dinner since the kids
had been waiting for months to see German cooking on the disco. As usual, the
food was delicious and the company was a lot of fun. While we were eating, we
found out that my parents were on the way and would be arriving that night (we
found out the day before that they were coming a few weeks earlier than expected).
After dinner everyone headed out, and
Matthew and I called it an early night before my parents arrived. My migraine
had been building all day, and I wanted to get on top of it before the next day.
It was the perfect Valentines Day… spending it with families and doing
something that Matthew loves.



















No comments:
Post a Comment