One of the reasons my parents came
home as early as they did was to make it in time for Kaylee’s Baby Shower. Her
original shower was post-poned when Hudson decided to make his appearance… but
when they rescheduled it allowed for not only Kim to be in town but also my
parents. We didn’t realize that the party was also for the guys so only us
ladies ended up going.
It was so fun to meet Huxton for the first
time and to be able to see the family. I find it funny how the day of the
wedding was extremely hot and the day of the baby shower was extremely cold. Thankfully,
when they needed a blanket for Huxton, I was able to have them open my present
first and one was available for him to be wrapped up again.
I love watching Josiah step into the
role of husband and Father. He takes such good care of his family and works
hard to provide for them. We spent a couple hours catching up with family,
watching them open up gifts, playing a game, and then taking pictures before
heading back home.
The party started my Winter Break, so
I had the whole week off… I would say to celebrate but we had a ton of
appointments schedule for this break… between medical appointments and
financial appointments to figure out a plan for our retirement.
Karen did invite us all over for
dinner on Wednesday night to celebrate Dad’s birthday. The party was more intimate
than the baby shower, so I was finally able to hold Huxton. I love me some baby
cuddles. Matthew and Cooper headed out early, but I stayed and visited with the
family. We learned a couple of new games while we were there. I love these
evenings spending time with my family… it doesn’t happen often enough, but I
treasure it when it does.
The week ended with Matthew going into
surgery for his arm. We headed to Gig Harbor during the day so we wouldn’t have
to wake up so early. Matthew got to choose the restaurant, which was Mexican of
course. That evening, Alyssa came over with the twins so we could finally celebrate
Christmas with them. Life had gotten busy for her after she moved out on her
own. It was Hudson’s first birthday, but he ended up staying with his Dad since
he was exhausted, so we had to settle for looking at his Birthday pictures.



























No comments:
Post a Comment