Matthew went out of town the first week of October. He had been planning this trip for
months. Thankfully, he was able to get
the canopy for his truck just in time. The plan was for him to help his friend
Connie move items from her house in Depot Bay over to her son’s house in
Oregan.
Of course, whenever Matthew is away, I stay awake way too late and don’t
get enough sleep. This time around was
no different. I did make things easier on myself and did a couple Hello Fresh
meals for my lunches and dinner so I wouldn’t have to cook every night. I also took advantage of his time away to get
extra cuddles with the kids since I didn’t have Matthew around to visit with in
the evenings. On the weekend, I had extra long quiet times and enjoyed the football
games.
The day after Matthew returned from his trip, he had his knee surgery
scheduled. It was supposed to be later
in the month, but they moved it up while he was away. We had to rearrange a few things to make it
happen. Cooper came with me to the hospital, so I didn’t have to wait alone…
and it ended up being a LONG wait. They had a hard time getting his pain under
control post-surgery and we waited a few extra hours while they worked on
it. In the end, they gave him a nerve
block in his leg… unfortunately, they did not let us know that with the nerve
block he could not bear weight on his leg and when he went to change his
clothes, he ended up falling and breaking his pinky finger. He didn’t want to stay longer so he tried to
reset it himself and we headed home. Cuddles
with the kids is just what he needed… of course, I had to extra vigilant since
he was recovering, and I didn’t want them to hurt him. They did really good about being careful when
we mentioned his “owie”.
Over the summer when the Northern Lights were in the area, I was bummed that
I missed out and didn’t get to see them. Thankfully, this time around I heard
about them and was able to go outside and capture the beauty of them. I went
out multiple times throughout the night and decided to go out “one last time”
and low and behold they had arrived. It was definitely a bucket list item
checked off.
Unfortunately, the following Friday as I was getting ready for work, I
noticed that water was coming out of my shower.
Cooper was using the plunger in the other bathroom, and it appeared there
was a blockage. While I was at work,
Matthew called in a plumber. They came
in and could not find the block, so they had to have someone else come out
later. By the time they came and
determined it went all the way to the septic, it was late, and we started scrambling
to find a company that would do it over the weekend. Beacon Pluming said they would send someone
that night, but no one showed up. We
called back and asked if we could be first thing the next morning. Come morning, no one arrived, and we called
back… they kept saying they were on the way.
Finally, Beacon Plumbing sent a plumber who finished digging up the septic
but had to wait hours for the pump truck to arrive. We ended up being the “last”
customer of the day, not the first… never again will we use Beacon Plumbing. We did find out that the tank was full to the
rim and as hard as can be. We later found out that my parents never had the
septic pumped… the company that pumped it before had pumped the drainage tank
and not the septic tank… and we have lived here since 1997… so that tank had a
lot of crap in it.
Matthew spent a lot of time in bed recovering so we had the kids join us
in the evenings. He would read them a book
or two and then watch an episode of Garfield or like they liked to call it “Kitty
Cat”. We both treasure these times with
the twins and will miss them when they move out. Amelia even started drawing kitty cats on her
board and would talk about it all the time.
They have grown so much since they started Preschool.
One Sunday, Matthew invited a group of friends over for the game and a barbeque. Christopher enjoyed helping Matthew at the
grill. He follows Matthew around everywhere and listens so well when Matthew
tells him what to do. It was a lot of
fun hosting friends as this was the first group we have had over since the
house was completed.
We ended the month getting together with German and his family to
celebrate his birthday. Matthew really
wanted to see his buddy since he had been in Argentina for a month and Matthew
wanted to catch up with him. It was a last-minute
decision, but we ended up going to an all-you-can-eat steakhouse down in Tacoma. The food was delicious, and we all ate more
than we should have.


















































No comments:
Post a Comment