I don’t how many people know that after fixing the oven, it only lasted a
few months before it went out again. This time we decided it was not worth fixing
again so I had to learn how to cook in creative ways until I parents got home,
and we could decide what we wanted to do.
Unfortunately, it happened right before we hosted a couple of guys for
the week that were serving our church with their discipleship program.
Once we decided on the oven that we wanted, we then had to decide whether
or not to put the drawer back in under the oven or create a shelf above it and
buy an aif fryer. In the end we decided
to give the air fryer a chance and my Dad went to work building a shelf. Anyone who knows my father knows that he is a
perfectionist when he builds things.
The delivery of the oven was delayed which gave my father extra time to
build the shelf to his satisfaction but then it was delayed two more
times. We started worrying that it would
not be delivered before my parents hit the road again. Thankfully it arrived just before we left for
our cruise (since they were not going to be in town very long after we got
back). I am so glad my Dad was here when it was being installed since he had to
help them put it in and do a few modifications to make it fit perfectly.
In the end, it looks amazing. One
would not know that it wasn’t done professionally. Now we have a new oven, microwave that also
works as a second oven if needed, and an air fryer. Plus, I learned how to use the Traegar during
the months without an oven, so I have lots of ways to cook.
I have not only learned how to cook but learned that I enjoy cooking and
trying new things. I still follow recipes,
which I often alter, but I am learning a lot as I go and loving the variety of foods
that Hello Fresh has brought into our house.
I look forward to all the new foods I get to make in the future and
being able to host more as I gain confidence in my cooking.
Of course, my other passion is studying the Word of God out in nature,
and I have lots of time to do so this summer.
This summer has been so refreshing and I have enjoyed the special visitors
that we’ve had. We spent more time at home this year than I expected but it has
been really good having extra time with my parents, relaxing, enjoying my quiet
times, and making sure Matthew was well rested for our cruise.
















No comments:
Post a Comment