Right Lane Must Turn Right
Originally, I liked this photo because I thought it was funny… are we
allowed to turn right here or not? But
this past month has been very heavy for me and other people I am close to. Life is not always easy. Life is not always straight forward. We don’t
always have all the answers. Sometimes
it is confusing… Should we turn right? Do
we need to go straight? What should we
do in this situation??? The One thing I do know is that in the midst of all the
pain and confusion, my hope has been in the One that has not let me down…
Jesus. He has been my peace and comfort
through all the trials… the last couple months, and all my life… and I know He
will walk with me through anything that comes my way.
I know that I wrote about the loss of two people in March that were part
of my church community. Shortly after
that one of my best friends growing up, lost her father and mother in-law in a
tragic car accident and then a month later her father. Even with her living so far away it hit me
hard about how easy it is to lose loved ones in the blink of an eye.
Since then, I have been surrounded by the loss of multiple people I
personally know or someone that impacted a friend. Most of these deaths I have found out about this
week (even though some occurred a couple weeks ago).
One of my former youth lost their lives in car accidents a couple weeks ago but I just found out this week. Natasha was on her way to start
a new job at Washington State University. She just graduated with her Masters. She had her whole life in front of her. Her father Mark also died in the
accident.
There was another accident that took the life of a 12-year-old boy in the
community. He was hit by a 19-year-old
who had been drinking. A 19-year-old
young man whose life is forever altered because of a decision to get behind the
wheel after drinking. Two families that will never be the same. I can’t imagine
what the family of the 12-year-old boy is going through as they grieve the loss
of their son, but I also can’t imagine the pain of the 19-year-old boys family.
He is the same age as some of my nieces and nephews and I praise God that for
the decisions that they have made in their life that have kept them from making
the same decision as this young man. We
are all one decision away from walking a path that could forever alter our
life.
One of the deaths that impacted me the most was that of my friend’s
husband. Early on June 26th, we
received a message to pray because he did not return from his hike on
time. Shortly after that we found out
that he had fallen the day before and they didn’t think he had made it. Come to
find out it took his friend 12 hours to hike out alone to get help. It didn’t take long for the rescue crew to
find his body and determine that he didn’t survive the fall. My friend Emily was left a widow to raise her
three young children. Her life has forever
been changed with no time to prepare. Many
tears have been shed and prayers lifted up for this family as they grieve the
loss of Brian.
Another friend moved down to Texas at the end of June to be closer to her
father-in-law before he passed away. Unfortunately, he passed away mid-July and
couldn’t make it long enough to see the birth of his grandbaby. Finally, a motorcycle accident took the life
of the teacher and mentor of a good friend’s son. While I didn’t know these two individuals,
they have families that love them… their life mattered… and it impacted people
who matter to me.
So much loss in such a short period of time… and I know that is not even
the half of it. So many other people die
every day. Life is fragile. We are not promised tomorrow. All we can do is make the most of today and
as far as it depends on us live at peace with everyone. Lately, I have been a lot better about not
letting things that other people do bother me.
I am learning to see them as God does.
I recognize that I am a sinner that needs grace and need to extend that
same grace to others. I am also praying
more for loved ones that need-to-know Jesus… this is an area that can always use
work because it is an area of life of death that has eternal value.

No comments:
Post a Comment