Sometimes life throws us curve balls and all we can do it look to God and lay it down at His feet. I feel such a closeness to God during this time in my life. I know that I have mentioned the healing God has done in my life this past year. It has been so refreshing. My time in the Word has been so good and I have been challenged to look at the Bible through a new light. This past year I have been studying the Word with a mindset of all the amazing and miraculous things that occurred and whether or not I believe they are true. Do I believe the stories of the Old Testament where God rescued His people from slavery, parted the sea, saved Daniel in the Lion’s Den, provided daily food to a widow and her son? Do I believe that when Jesus walked on earth, He not only forgave sins, but He healed people everywhere He went. He healed people that were blind, demon possessed, paralyzed, mute, and He even raised people from the dead. He had so much power that all it took was a woman touching the hem of his robe and she was healed. Do I believe that the God I serve today is the same God of the Old and New Testament? That He is all-powerful and can still do miracles today? Do I believe that when He sent the Holy Spirit on His behalf that He gave His disciples the same power that He had? Do I believe that the Holy Spirit still has the power to perform miracles today?
We serve an amazing God who loves us deeply. So, when life throws us curve balls, I don’t
have to let the worry consume us. This is
a truth that I am still learning to walk in.
I am learning to pray fervently for healing, not only for myself but for
those I love… especially Matthew. I am walking
in faith that God will heal Matthew one day and restore areas of his life that
has used to discourage and defeat him. Fighting LNI has been one of the biggest
discouragements for Matthew and how long everything takes. But I know that God has a plan for it all and
has been faithful to provide for our every need through it all.
Those who know me well… know that cancer is one of my greatest
fears. I had a cancer scare in my early
20’s but praise God it turned out to be a benign tumor in my pituitary gland
that eventually disappeared altogether. I
had another “cancer” scare this year which required some extra tests including
a biopsy. Instead of allowing myself to
instantly be filled with fear, I asked for prayer from my small group who
prayed for God’s healing over my body. I
had an all-out war going on trying to steal the peace and joy that God had restored
to me… but I wasn’t giving up with out a fight.
Praise God, the biopsy came back normal though they still wanted to see
me to determine treatment options. At
the appointment they mentioned a few more tests they wanted to complete to make
sure that I wasn’t in a pre-cancerous state.
While I don’t have the official results back, I know that God will take
of me regardless of what comes of it. The fear is gone, and I am trusting God…
today I have victory and that is enough for me.
I will continue to fight this battle each day and rest in the One who is
All-Powerful.



No comments:
Post a Comment