Living Life...

Living Life...

Thursday, June 1, 2023

Special Visitors… from Near and Far…!

When I found out that Isaac and Rachel were coming into town with the kids, I was excited… unfortunately, they planned their event at Faith for the weekend I was going out of town for the Women’s Retreat… so I reached out to Rachel to find a time to get together with them in a smaller group setting.  Personally, I enjoyed this a lot more.

I loved being able to invite a few others that were not going to make it to the event at Faith over to my house for an evening of hearing about their ministry in Uganda.  God has faithfully provided for them as they have been faithful to what He is calling them to do in Uganda.  The need is so great for both physical and Spiritual healing.  I can only imagine how overwhelming it is at times with Isaac being the only surgeon at the hospital… as he trains others to do minor surgeries and procedures to stabilize patients on his “days off”. 

I still laugh at Rachel choosing to become a Special Education teacher so that God wouldn’t need to call her onto the mission field and how that was what her guided her to living on the mission field.  I find it even more interesting that I was looking towards a path of career missions and through it all God guided me into the role of a Special Education teacher.  Oh, how the roles have reversed. Yet, we serve a God who knows us and has a perfect plan for our life. 

God did not take missions off my heart when He changed directions of my life… I just have a different mission field. There are so many people here in the United States who need to know the love of Jesus in a tangible way.  So many people who have been hurt by the church and turned away from God because of that hurt… my desire is to love people well so they may know the love of God.  I don’t do it perfectly, but I do pray that the way I live will point them to my hope in Jesus, the One who saved me and wants to bring salvation them as well. 

Matthew and I also have a heart for meeting tangible needs of others… whether it be someone here in the states or a missionary serving overseas. God has blessed us tremendously and we want to a blessing to others.  It was exciting to see how hosting Isaac and Rachel at our house could open a door for one of their stateside needs to be met.  It reminds me that God knows us, He knows our needs, and He is preparing a way even when we don’t realize what it is. 

Of course, it was also a lot of fun to just spend an evening fellowship.  To take out the old photo albums and talk about stories from our past.  To share about what God was doing in our life today.  To hear about what life is like in Uganda.  To watch the children enjoy each other’s company.  To just spend time together.  It was a good evening.  


Loved hanging out with this group...



Had to bring out the Mate as we talked...

Lily and Lois

Mason hanging out with the twins... Aaron and Ezra

Isaac and Matthew

Loved hosting the group...!

 

No comments: