Living Life...

Living Life...

Saturday, June 24, 2023

Finishing the School Year…!

We decided to plan a special outing for the end of the school year with our Seniors. In the past, Room 5, always went on Friday outings as a class and each year we would have special outings that became a tradition.  This year with integrating the students, most of these traditions ended but I decided to hold onto the outing to Coulon Park for one more year.  Room 1 decided to join us and I let all the students on my caseload, plus those who wanted to be in my room tag along so it was quite the group.  We enjoyed lunch at Kidd Valley and then enjoyed the watching all the animals and boats on the water. Unfortunately, the pier was closed so we didn’t get our class picture on the dock with the water in the background.  It was a beautiful day to be at Coulon and a very successful outing. It was the last Friday with our Seniors, so it was the perfect way to end the year with them. 

Spending the workday at Coulon... heavenly!


The following Thursday was graduation.  I love TOP graduations.  Each one is unique because it reflects the students who are currently graduating. I was very sad when one of my students was not able to participate because he ended up getting sick at the last minute. Of course, I was honored to get his diploma in his place.  He was able to stop by and pick it up before the school year ended. I think the highlight of graduation this year was when a former student decided to go up on the stage and join the graduates.  I was able to jump up and get him settled onto a seat behind the curtain but once the video ended, he scooted his chair next to his former classmates.  When they all celebrated with their diplomas at the end, he was jumping for joy with his invitation to the graduation ceremony.

Just a glimpse of graduation... without students of course!


A couple of my nieces and nephews graduated this year as well.  Seth graduated down in Texas.  I remember helping him with homework years ago when I went over to take care of the kids while Jeremy and Maria when on vacation.  I am so proud of Seth and his perseverance with school.  It was not easy for him, but he didn’t give up. He is a hard worker and his drive and love for the Lord is going to take him far.

Loved every moment I got to spend with him growing up!

Congratulations Seth... 

Amanda also graduated this year. I spend years taking care of her and Elizabeth as their nanny.  I remember going with my sister to drop her off for her first day of kindergarten. I remember making her do her homework every day when she got home.  She had her own struggles throughout the years, but she also persevered. I am so proud of her and look forward to where life takes her. 

Kim and the Girls on Amanda's first day of Kindergarten... 

My job just got a lot easier a few hours a day!!!

I didn't go to graduation... but I love this picture!!!

Enjoying food, friends and family...!

She was most excited about the money of course... 

With the end of the school year, comes warmer weather, and the opportunity for me to start doing my Bible study outside more consistently.  I have been loving the new setup in the front yard.  It is very serene and in the shade.  The best part of summer vacation is having longer quiet times with the Lord and being able to refocus on Him.  During the school year life gets so busy with work, taking care of Matthew, day to day activities… I still have my quiet times but 2-3 hours (or more on a good day) during the work week doesn’t get to happen very often.


Enjoying my spot outside in the shade... 


 

No comments: