May has been an insanely busy month for me but the weekends have been a
time of refreshment. The last three
weekends have been enjoyable and a time to refocus amidst the chaos.
I was able to sneak away for a day and celebrate Keb’s 50th birthday. Keb
has been such a blessing to Kim and I enjoy every moment that I get to spend with
them. Of course, there was a bit of
joking since Keb was the first in the family to turn 50 but I know that the
rest of us are not far behind him. Here
is to another 50 years of celebrations with our family!
I went to church on Mother’s Day for the first time in years. It was good to be able to go to church on this holiday and know that God has brought so much healing in my life this past year. It was still hard since I miss Shane but instead of hiding at home, I went and worshipped the God who can bring about reconciliation and healing. My prayer is that God will bring about the healing in Shane’s life that is needed so that reconciliation can happen one day. After church one of my friends came over for a visit and to enjoy the beauty of my sanctuary.
The following weekend, I was able to go away for the weekend with the
girls. I dropped Matthew off with German for a guy’s weekend and picked up Sarah,
Maria, and Erin for a women’s conference at Canon Beach. It was just what I
needed… after a stressful week. We had
lots of personal conversations, lots of joking around and laughing, lots of
good food (not necessarily at the conference center though), great messages
from Allison Allen, and many adventures together. The weekend was just perfect.
This weekend I spent most of the time at home. I was able to mow half the lawn before the
lawnmower quit working… thankfully my parents come home in two weeks. I was able to get caught up on work since I have
been stressed with all the end of the year things that need to get done and all
the time I have missed lately. The best
part of the weekend was spending time with the Lord and enjoying my quiet
times. I even got motivated enough to start walking again… hopefully I can keep
it up during the work week. One more month of work to go!



























No comments:
Post a Comment