Living Life...

Living Life...

Sunday, December 25, 2022

Celebrating the Holidays…All Month Long!

Matthew and I don’t go all out for Christmas in the same way that others do… neither one of us care about decorating the house and doing all the “holiday” activities.  We prefer spending time with friends and family and buying gifts for important people in our life.  We don’t have a lot of people that we have to buy for, so we enjoy spoiling random people and each year we usually change who we bless during the holiday season.  We feel that God has blessed us greatly throughout the years and we enjoy being able to pass the blessing on to others.

I was able to attend my first Women’s Christmas celebration at Generational Hope this year.  I enjoy going to the women’s events and getting to know the woman better since most of the activities occur during the day when I am working. I was able to sit with Deb who is in my small group and get to know a lot of the women, since she knows everyone at the church and is not shy at all.   I was also able to enjoy the kids singing at church in December.  Kids are so precious and even though I don’t know them that well, yet it is so fun to watch their personalities shine through when they are on stage.

Women's event at Gen Hope... 

Kids singing during the service... 


We celebrated the Holidays at work on multiple occasions.  It helped that we when we had snow on the ground, we only had 2-3 students a day so there was plenty of time to eat together and just enjoy the fact that I have such amazing paras working with me. I feel so blessed this year by how things turned out and by the fact that I am not crazy understaffed like I was last year.  Plus, it does not hurt that my paras love bringing in food to share.  

Enjoying leftover crepes from our work party...


We decided to invite Cooper over for the week before Christmas to get him out of his group home.  We decided to give him a couple of his presents right away so that he would not freeze to death when he was watching shows in the room with Matthew.  He absolutely loved his new coat and wore it most of the weak. I spoiled the guys with monkey bread one of the mornings and boy were they both excited. 


Cooper opening his gifts... 
He loved his new coat!


Monkey Bread... yummy!


On Christmas Eve, we started off the morning having brunch at my sister’s house.  It has been a tradition to get together with her and Keb on Christmas Eve, but it is usually in the evening for dinner.  We opted for brunch so we could watch the Seahawks vs Chiefs game even though Keb had to work and only made it home for a quick visit.  It was a lot of fun hanging out even though the Seahawks lost, and the food was delicious…

Afterwards, we decided to go to the Candlelight service at Generational Hope. We made it home with enough time to change really quickly and head out the door.  It was a beautiful service and the perfect way to get our focus back on to why we celebrate Christmas.

Years ago, Matthew and I started opening our presents on Christmas Eve. It made Christmas morning more relaxing and allowed him to sleep longer on days he was not doing well.  We continued with the tradition and even had a stocking for Cooper.  Of course, I already knew what all my presents were this year and Matthew knew most of his (except a few small things) but I still made him go through the motions and take pictures for me.  He thought it was pretty funny that he could get away with buying pans for me and I was so happy about it.  

Kim and Keb

Enjoying my sister... 


Christmas Eve Service at Gen Hope... 


Message from Pastor Justin... 



What a special time... 

Time to open presents... 

Gift from Cooper... 

Matthew captured the joy of the moment... 

I loved the gifts... that I picked out... 


New pans to cook with... yay!!!


Cooper was excited to get a stocking... 

Candy and Devotional Books... 



Matthew's turn... the stocking had little surprises for him. 

But he had to help pick out the bigger gifts... 



Merry Christmas... from the Mazdzers


I spent Christmas morning doing my Bible study and enjoying a peaceful time with the Lord.  I love having this type of morning.  In the afternoon we headed over to Jimmy and Karen’s for Christmas dinner and hanging out with the family.  It was a different Christmas as we didn’t exchange any gifts during this time, so we had more time to just relax and visit.  Thankfully, I remembered to get the family pictures before James and Maggie had to leave. Afterwards, I had the privilege of putting together some food to bring over to Cooper’s Dad the next day.  Matthew even sacrificed some of his “red stuff” which his Dad absolutely loved. It was nice to be able to bless him since he isn’t able to cook much himself.  

Checking out my new gifts... 

Love my new watch... 

Enjoying my quiet time... 

Cooper playing pool with Jonathan...

Christmas treats from Kim...

Matthew and Elizabeth catching up

Hot Chocolate Station... 

All the "kids" hanging out... they aren't so little anymore. 

Adults getting their food finally

Christmas dinner... 


Hanging out... and visiting...


The perfect socks... 

A little wrestling match of course... 


The family picture... 

James & Maggie

Finnestad Family Picture

Red stuff standoff - Matthew won

Kim's Family Picture

Mazdzer Family Picture
+
Cooper

 
Mom & Dad in Texas... 


Some of the food I prepared for Cooper's Dad... 

No comments: